Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Future of DW and Opus Pro
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2017, 11:18 am 

Opus: v7.04
System: Dell Inspiron 560 Quad Core 2.5Ghz 4Gb RAM, 1Tb HD, HP laptop and various others
In answer to the questions about where DW is heading...

There has been no announcement on the future of DW or Opus Pro because nothing has been completely decided. There are some administrative complications to work through before we know what can/might/will happen and most options cannot be discussed publicly for obvious reasons but some recent very negative comments here have forced me to respond whatever the consequences that may have.

What I can say for certain is that it's time for me to step back from DW. I aim to pursue some personal projects which have been on the backburner for too long. Nevertheless, I am still working to find a future for DW and Opus without me and above all try to ensure support is maintained for those of you still using the product.

Regarding an update to Opus Pro... I actually think Opus Pro is complete. The addition of html5 export means Opus can now be extended in almost limitless ways for a wide variety of projects - as mackavi continues to demonstrate on a regular basis. These days most customers are asking for Android development features which don't fit into Opus Pro as it was originally designed so it makes no sense to twist it further in that direction but rather to replace it with a new product and if DW continues I'd think that's where its resources would be best spent.

Sorry if that means you don't feel able to use Opus Pro any more or if you feel DW have let you down.

I'd like to thank all of you for the support and enthusiasm which many of you have given us over many years.

I hope Opus will continue to provide you with a profitable solution for the foreseeable future whether it gets updated, replaced or simply retires slowly and passes into legend.

Regards,

Paul Harris

For this message Paul Harris has been thanked by : Ad Mulders, Delco44, demofred, Graham Baglin, jezjones29, lmc, mackavi, Pete Smithies, R. Gengerke, Roxie, Saki

Profile Visit website