Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently May 15th, 2024, 4:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Wish List!
PostPosted: June 15th, 2011, 3:57 pm 

Opus: Opus XE
System: Dual core 2.4, Win 7, 500MB hardrive. DVD Writer.
1. Opus Flex = SWF or AIR
I think that is pretty much self-explanatory.

2. Video preview in the Opus Flex mode.
FLV video only displays in the preview when there is one video in the presentation and / or when the video is relatively small i.e. around 5MB in size.

3. YouTube Video
It would be great to have an Opus Flex publication with an option to play video content from a YouTube account. This would alleviate having to store videos on ones own server.

4. Android Apps
Yes, with the output to SWF I know that Android devices can view an Opus Flex presentation. But I would like to be able to have an downloadable app from my website and / or be able to publish the app via Android Market.

5. Mobile Device Settings
It would be great to create presentations aimed at the latest batch of tablets and mobile phones. Can one size fit all?

6. Digital Workshop Annual Fees for Digital Publishers
I think that Digital Workshop could have a shop whereby folk can sell their presentations and therefore Digital Workshop would take a cut of each sale. Of course, this would be optional. I think it's a great symbiotic way for Digital Workshop to gain more momentum and that the users can show off and sell their works. Another option is to pay an annual membership fee to be able to sell presentations on the Digital Workshop site. Just an idea... What do you reckon?

For this message SystemBabies has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: Wish List!
PostPosted: June 15th, 2011, 4:36 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
1. Now if we could take the Opus GUI and functionality and build it on top of AS3.0 with full SWF / AIR compatibility - Adobe could kiss goodbye to their profit margin.

2. Oh videos! The can work and do work. But yes, you're right, fully functioning FLVs for Opus Flex is a must.

Mack

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

For this message mackavi has been thanked by : SystemBabies

Profile Visit website  

Post subject: Re: Wish List!
PostPosted: June 15th, 2011, 4:51 pm 

Opus: Opus XE
System: Dual core 2.4, Win 7, 500MB hardrive. DVD Writer.
Yes, Mack! That would be a fantastic idea for Opus to have AS3.0 with full SWF / AIR compatibility!

The FLV videos do work once published! Some of you may have experienced that if you have more than one and / or they are fairly big they do not preview. It's a bit annoying! And I think that if you scale them the preview shows a smaller scale than you have created using the 'Scale to fit' dialog. Hmmm...

For this message SystemBabies has been thanked by : mackavi