Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently May 16th, 2024, 4:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: iOS, Android, and Win8 App Output
PostPosted: April 5th, 2013, 5:00 am 

Opus: Pro 09
System: Various systems
Just purchased EVOLUTION today. The sales text said to post on the forum if we wanted to see OPUS export to iOS and android, so here we are.

I'm not a programmer. I'm at best a savvy user of a great Windows multimedia editing package (OPUS). I come up with ideas, make a windows version of the product in OPUS, and I hire out App developers to do the iOS and Android work. It's expensive and time-consuming to go multi-platform, and the work is never exactly the same.

Having multi-version exports would be incredible. The work would be done once, and I could export consistently to lots of different hardware. It would literally triple the worth of OPUS, because it cuts the cost of every product I make by 2/3's.

Please explore this feature - I'm sure we'd all be willing to pay for it.

For this message jmateus has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: iOS, Android, and Win8 App Output
PostPosted: April 5th, 2013, 11:34 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
Congratulations on joining evolution. As an Evo, you should now have access to the evolution area at the bottom of the page for discussion on anything not publicly released.

I'd have three thoughts about adding more export options to Opus:

1. What happens when the new Facebook OS and Samsung OS come into play?

2. Would a common baseline be achievable - IE can we have the same feature set available for all these different export types?

3. Would developing on multiple export types mean that less time was spent perfecting any one given type - thus making Opus a Jack of All, Master of None!

Mack

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: April 6th, 2013, 1:47 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Opus Pro 9.75
System: Core i7, 16G RAM, Nvidia 640GT (desktop), plus Windows 10 and Android tablets
AIR resizes (if "full screen" is selected when compiling) on a wide range of screens in Windows 8, Android and (I think) IOS. I've tested on both Win 8 and Android.

The AIR SDK, debugger (ADL) and packager (ADT) are available http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html.

I wonder if Opus with its new HTML5 features could optionally be integrated with these tools to create cross-platform exports that display well in a wide range of devices: desktop, laptop, mobile:phones, tablets?

The extra step, as with Flash, is for the user to have an AIR player installed (for Windows, Android; however, I'm not sure how IOS works, but it is mentioned as a deployment option). The trade-off is that the resizing, high quality display work is done by the player.

Just a thought...

For this message Stephen has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 2:01 am 

jmateus wrote:
Just purchased EVOLUTION today. The sales text said to post on the forum if we wanted to see OPUS export to iOS and android, so here we are.

I'm not a programmer. I'm at best a savvy user of a great Windows multimedia editing package (OPUS). I come up with ideas, make a windows version of the product in OPUS, and I hire out App developers to do the iOS and Android work. It's expensive and time-consuming to go multi-platform, and the work is never exactly the same.

Having multi-version exports would be incredible. The work would be done once, and I could export consistently to lots of different hardware. It would literally triple the worth of OPUS, because it cuts the cost of every product I make by 2/3's.

Please explore this feature - I'm sure we'd all be willing to pay for it.

Agree, it will be VERY NICE if we can get SOON a new version of Opus to help us with the new platforms.
I personally believe this is a GREAT product in grave danger of becoming obsolete in the new world we living at the moment. Surely will be an incredible sad moment if this happen.
Please guys at Digital Workshop, get all your talents together and give us a multiplatform software to go along with the times.
G.Silva

Pro version 8.10 user

For this message cybernaut has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: April 18th, 2013, 4:29 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Opus Pro 9.75
System: Core i7, 16G RAM, Nvidia 640GT (desktop), plus Windows 10 and Android tablets
Hi,

While I had written above about exporting to AIR, after further online research, plus trying out the Android SDK with Eclipse and ANT, I wonder if it would be possible for Opus to directly leverage Android APK generating tools? Google and the other tools developers (Eclipse, ANT) have learning materials on these (free) tools, probably also on how to integrate them into other authoring software. If DW could add direct APK export to Opus, this would allow for deployment to Android devices (either through the Google Play store or through side-loading the apps directly to the devices without the store). May be worth considering?

For this message Stephen has been thanked by : mackavi