It is currently May 17th, 2024, 10:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sample countdown timer and an Elapsed time tracker
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2008, 12:08 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: OpusPro v9.0x, & Evol.
System: Core 2 duo 2Ghz, RAM 3GB, Nvidia Go 7700 - laptop
I wanted to figure out how to use time functions and such.

Here's a sample Pub you might find helpful... it's a work in progress, but maybe bits and pieces will be useful for some.

Pub illustrates two kinds of approaches to "timers". One type starts by some trigger and continues to 'run' and visibly show time changes. The other is more 'static'. Starts by a mouse-click trigger, and gets and shows elapsed time whenever a second button is clicked.

That second approach could be made to 'run' by adding some coding or a ticker. Would need loop or for script with a wait command. There are a few other ways to achieve as well.

The approach I took uses Opus Scripting. It is possible to build similar actions in standard actions and variables.

One 'gotcha' I found was that my second, 'static' approach would not work as a script triggered on Page Show(). Could be my mistakes at the time, or some limitations in the approach I used. Anyway, I'm leaving it there... a start and an exercise for any who want to refine it.

There are some simpler ways to 'pick-up' time values or to do time conversion calculations. I wanted to test out some things so I did what I did.

You'll find some //comments at end of first page's script action for the countDOWN timer.

Have fun.

Attachments:
File comment: Two pages. One for Countdown timer. The other for some Elapsed-time calcs.
Countdown timer.imp [60.62 KiB]
Downloaded 1115 times

For this message Lar_123 has been thanked by : mackavi