Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently September 30th, 2024, 11:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: microsoft agent
PostPosted: August 17th, 2005, 9:14 am 

hi,

i am just going to study how to use microsoft agent within opus. Has somebody already good or bad experience whith that ? Is it possible to use opus scripting to animate the agent ?

benoit

Profile Visit website  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2005, 7:59 pm 

I've messed with this before a little.

The way I did it was put in a browser object and made it essentially invisible by making it 1x1 pixel. You put the code in that controls the agent character in the HTML page. You then either use buttons in Opus to go to another page where you have the browser connect automatically to a new page, or you have buttons in Opus that control the browser object and go to another page where you have additional Agent commands. It seemd to work pretty well, but keep in mind that people have to have Agent "stuff" loaded on their machine and if you are using a character that is not common, then you will somehow have to have that load or have user install.

Not knowing what you want to do, you might want to take a look at VoxProxy (at least I think that's what it's called). It will do Agent stuff with PowerPoints. Don't know whether it compiles all of it into one thing or not. You also might look at MASH. It is a scripting development tool that allows you to package the resulting "stuff" in different forms, one of which (I think) is an .exe which you could launch from Opus as just a regular application.

Hope this starts you off.

Profile Visit website  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2005, 7:35 am 

thank you,

i have already look at Mash and, with it, i can produce .exe file that can be launch from opus. As you say, the problem is that i have to install Agent "stuff" (and speech) on the customer's machine... Another problem is that own microsoft agent is rather difficult to create (only with microsoft agent character editor)... I am going to study the ability to have the same goal (a virtual presenter) with small .avi or .mpeg animation : I use "poser", "carrara", "premiere pro" ...

Benoit

Profile Visit website  

Post subject: an example of a virtual presenter..
PostPosted: August 18th, 2005, 11:01 pm 

Opus: v 7.04
clever use of random questions and score totalling. I suppose it's not Opus, but it could have been...?

http://www.tate.org.uk/britain/exhibiti ... the60s/66/