Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently May 17th, 2024, 8:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Opus4 bugs & listbox - dataabse problem
PostPosted: November 17th, 2004, 12:35 pm 

I am attempting to create a listbox that can be populated from a database. I've looked at the TestCricket example that was previously posted and found it very difficult to implement, and neary impossible to use more than one instance per page. So I attempted to redevelop the wheel.

I've attached an example imp of what I've been working on. This sample uses a testbox, but the box could simply be filled using a query and variable with the same result.

THE PROBLEM:
There seems to be a bug with the GetScrollInfo() finction. The example works fine as long as the user drags the thumb, but the 'up' and 'down' scrollbar buttons , or clickong on the scrollbar background does not seem to update the ScrollInfo for the text object. Is this a bug??

I identified a second bug after filling the textbox using a variable. See the second imp to see the results.

I would love to hear anyone else's solution to filling a list box with information from a database.

Best regards.

Bob D.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message dayb has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 17th, 2004, 3:08 pm 

GetScrollInfo() does not appear to be working and I will look into the problem.

I have attached a sample that will get data from a database and put it into a listbox. You will not be able to use a variable to put data into the listbox if the variable contains a newline character. The newlines are why the example publication gives the runtime error. The error should not occur in future releases but the script will still not work as you want. If you enter the data into the listbox as I have in the example then it should all work the way you want.

Tony

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message Tony Coleman has been thanked by : mackavi