Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently October 15th, 2024, 3:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Launch local file from Flex-publication?
PostPosted: July 6th, 2006, 9:21 am 

Opus: Opus Pro 9
I'm working on a publication which my customer will use offline and online. So I started the publication in Flex-mode which should fit for both cases. Within the publication I have to launch several PDF-files.

Since this is no problem in Opus Pro-mode it seems that it is difficult to do in flex mode. I tried to use the "Launch Webpage" function but this seems not to work with local files.

Since I don't want to create and maintain two different publications for offline and online, I would appreciate if someone knows how to to this.

Thanks in advance.

T.

Profile Visit website  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2006, 10:01 am 

It is not possible to launch files from Flash (including Flex produced Flash files) or Plexus pages - this would be a huge security risk, so it is not permitted.

Profile Visit website  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2006, 10:24 am 

Duncan Lilly wrote:
It is not possible to launch files from Flash (including Flex produced Flash files) or Plexus pages - this would be a huge security risk, so it is not permitted.

does this apply only to local files? I think I have launched PDF-files on web servers with Flash in the past. The PDFs opened then in a browser window (if acrobat plugin was installed).

T.

Profile Visit website  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2006, 11:13 am 

Yes this applies to local files - imagine the damage if a website could launch command.exe with "del *.*"...

Profile Visit website  

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2006, 12:06 pm 

OK, I got your point.

Is it possible in some way to detect if a publication runs as SWF or as an EXE Publication?

It would be nice to have the possibility to distinguish this two cases because one could use the same publication with different actions or code dependent on the current runtime environment.

T.

Profile Visit website