Post subject: Re: SQLite DB - Part II Getting Started
PostPosted: September 30th, 2010, 5:15 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: OpusPro v9.0x, & Evol.
System: Core 2 duo 2Ghz, RAM 3GB, Nvidia Go 7700 - laptop
Thanks Mack.
As said before, what a great website.

I just uploaded a slightly revised version of the Demo. For simplicity I just deleted the old zip and put in the new.
Most of the changes to the .IMP Pub are cosmetic: typos, a bit of wording, and hopefully got rid of the annoying lost bullets. Fixed one Page where Column Labels were not displaying. No changes to scripts or anything substantial.

Well let's see what flies.
Demo things come to those who waited(0);

For this message Lar_123 has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: October 4th, 2010, 6:14 pm 

Opus: V7.04
System: Pentium QUAD 4GB RAM ATI HD 57XX
My god!

That demo is freaking awesome! Lar, you did a fantastic job. It is so well-documented and comprehensive, I couldn't go wrong!

It is WAY above what I expected!

Note to anyone: Want to learn how to integrate SQLite with OPUS? GET THIS DEMO! (See above for instructions).

Oh, and Mak, great web site! That repository for OPUS stuff is nifty!

I'm sure I'll have follow up questions soon!

Thanks!

Fish

For this message FishBox has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: October 5th, 2010, 10:30 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Fish,

Thanks for the kind words. Glad to hear the Pub is serving its purpose.

I am noting that a couple pages throw minor errors when loading. Nothing to do with SQLite, but seems to be some timing issues when first opening. For one of them (DB Lookup with User Interaction), simply make a Radio Button selection or toggle the Radio Buttons and the error will go away. Will fix on next release after more feedback.
[Lar EDIT:]If you are using the Demo Pub and want to fix this pair of minor annoyances, it takes just a couple minutes. On two pages (one w/ name starting 'p4_2_About_Build...' and the other ~'p5_5_Query_Driven_by...') add a Pre-Show Trigger to the Page Object, then drag the existing action Script from the On-Show Trigger to the Pre-Show Trigger. Delete the On-Show trigger. That's it. Page initialization solved. Update: I may have fixed this in a minor change to the Demo in 2015. new download below.

On continued testing, I am observing the User Notes page is a bit sluggish refreshing the bookmarks/page list -- it was snappier early-on, so I think I can tune that up in the future as well. That was a fun feature to build-in.

Cheers,
Larry

PostPosted: September 24th, 2015, 5:32 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

I have taken the old demo out of the archives, dusted it off, and you can download the project's working files at the link below. It of course includes the OpusPro .imp so you can play with it directly and make changes.

Here’s the link. Many thanks to Mackavi at Interaktiv for hosting the download.

>>>>> http://files.interaktiv.co.uk/opuspro/l ... sqlite.zip

I have tried fixing a few of the previous quirks -- mostly in the running animations in the demo, but otherwise there are no significant changes. The Demo was originally built in OpusPro v7. This package has been opened in OpusPro v9 and converted to v9, and testing in PREVIEW MODE has it working. I did not try publishing an .exe from within Opus v9.

NOTE: The SQLite Demo in Opus was built with a purpose of PUBLISHING as a FULL OpusPro Pub TYPE. (a windows EXE). The demo's SQLite database functions (in OpusScript) ARE NOT AVAILABLE to developments and publishing for HTML5. However, you may still find some interesting or helpful examples in the project.

The Demo should take approx. 30 minutes to view if you do not dive into all the detail documentation. Just open the "GettingStarted_SQLite_......._.imp" in OpusPro v9 (or v7, v8). I recommend to start viewing the demo & animations in PREVIEW MODE. Of course all the Opus objects and scripts are there in the Opus Editor for you to examine, modify, reuse.

Larry

Last edited by Lar_123 on September 25th, 2015, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: September 25th, 2015, 12:26 pm 

Opus: Opus Pro 9.x
System: MSI Dragon Laptop - 8 Core i7, 32gb ram, 2tb hd, GeForce GTX 980
How about dropbox?

1.6mb is nothing, filesize-wise.

I am concerned that if I cannot create excel-style grids with Opus Pro for HTML5, I will have to use another software language/IDE.

The database data will be coming from a MySQL database online, so it must use HTML5.

Mike

For this message karmacomposer has been thanked by : mackavi

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: September 26th, 2015, 12:23 am 
Godlike
Godlike

karmacomposer wrote:
How about dropbox?
1.6mb is nothing, filesize-wise.
I am concerned that if I cannot create excel-style grids with Opus Pro for HTML5, I will have to use another software language/IDE.
A Link to the download is now available -- see post immediately above.

I think there are a few different ways to build a table-like or a grid-like layout using OpusPro objects and actions -- which will at least display data in some sort of a grid/table in HTML5 pages. However, if I were to do it (now in 2015 and needing HTML5 Pub-Type), I would look for the combination of HTML & Javascript to achieve it, still using OpusPro to orchestrate it all. I would expect to search and find many html/html5 examples and useable JS code. Perhaps jQuery or some readily available JS libraries have solved this already. What you choose and adapt -- will depend on what user-interface functionality you envision for the table/grid.

karmacomposer wrote:
The database data will be coming from a MySQL database online, so it must use HTML5.
Maybe some others here can respond to this. Mackavi has already outlined the steps to receiving and handling the JSON string with data returned from mySQL on the server.... Thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5684&start=15

BTW, the 'Getting Started / SQLite Demo' will help clarify nested Arrays and the ways to reference the data in a two-dimensional array.... e.g., myMemberData[i][j]. This demo also shows data displayed using various Opus objects (text box, text-input object, listbox). mainly, see Sections/Chapters 2, 3 & 5.

PostPosted: September 26th, 2015, 6:21 am 

Opus: Opus Pro 9.x
System: MSI Dragon Laptop - 8 Core i7, 32gb ram, 2tb hd, GeForce GTX 980
Thank you. I will study this project. I have RadPHP XE2 from Embarcadero, so I MAY use that. Otherwise, Opus Pro with Jquery, Javascript and Php/MySQL will have to be it.

Mike

For this message karmacomposer has been thanked by : mackavi

Profile Visit website