Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently May 17th, 2024, 8:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Can't Get While Loop To Work in HTML 5?
PostPosted: January 30th, 2015, 11:31 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
I get the impression that Opus HTML5 was initially built from the perspective of converting the actions to HTML5 but that doesn't make them better than using scripting. Ultimately, the actions get converted to code and therefore by using code directly you will have greater control over how the project executes.

It depends, I suppose, on the complexity of the project and the skill level of the developer. Personally, I start a task in coding mode because I believe it's more efficient and scalable moving logically forward than actions are BUT it important with any step in the process to think laterally as well as logically - and this means learning / knowing that a different way might be possible both for the current step but also how it might work moving forward.

This is something Opus has always be great at but is even better with HTML5 because you have Actions; Opus Scripting and now Mash Up Code and these are just the development tools. The ability to handle the design aspect of the project and probably build the entire GUI of the project in Opus is for many the USP.

I think whichever method you choose - it's important to take time to play rather than simply work. For Opus, the forum is good for this as there are lots of mini-problems that anybody can attempt. Whether you use actions or scripts or even manage to solve the problem doesn't matter - you'll learn loads about the way the program works and train your brain to solve problems both critically and creatively.

</mack>

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website