Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently May 17th, 2024, 1:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: HTML 5 Screen Flashes
PostPosted: January 3rd, 2015, 5:44 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Opus Pro 9.75
System: Core i7, 16G RAM, Nvidia 640GT (desktop), plus Windows 10 and Android tablets
Using latest Opus Pro 9.51 (build 16655), created an HTML 5 SCORM 1.2 test pub with a slideshow (10 PNG images for a facial expression eLearning exercise). When published and viewed in FF or Chrome, first time slideshow is run, screen flashes. Then settles down, with no further flashes.

If I run in IE, no screen flashes at all.

I did try the solution from this post with no success: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=5273&hilit=HTML5+flashes

I must be doing something wrong and would appreciate any suggestions to get it to work for FF, Chrome, since many users may use these to view it.

Attached zip folder with IMP and images.

(Also, began experimenting with using a Multiframe instead, as a work-around. So far, no flashes with a Multiframe.)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message Stephen has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: HTML 5 Screen Flashes
PostPosted: January 5th, 2015, 9:57 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
Add a 0.1 fade transition to the slides.

This works, except for the hair, but that's because you don't have a smooth transition on the original images.

Mack

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: January 5th, 2015, 1:56 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

System: Core i7, 16G RAM, Nvidia 640GT (desktop), plus Windows 10 and Android tablets
Hi Mack,

(1) Yes, the hair is still a problem. It appears that tweening (done in the face animation software) results in that hair issue. If tweening is not used, too time-consuming to create the many images needed.

(2) Back to Opus Pro 9.51: is this flashing likely fixable for HTML 5 slideshows? Would pre-loading images, if available, help?

(3) An alternative, though with fewer controls (pause, resume), would be to use multiframes. These don't appear to flash. For now, probably the best way forward.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2015, 9:27 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
The outputted code for the slide-show and multi-frames are different. The slide-show creates a single element and changes the image source - but the multi-frames - create an element for each 'frame' with its own image source and these are just hidden or shown as required.

I'm not sure that pre-loading would make a difference in this case, as you can already embed the images and this makes no difference.

You'd need to email DW about a fix, which may be possible as hand coding a slide-show will swap your images without the flash but then it depends what else the Opus Slide-Show objects needs to do as to whether this is possible or practical.

Alternatively, as you say, multi-frames can be used, if the overhead of loading all the images initially isn't an issue and I don't see why with maybe a ticker and the multi-frame actions you cannot build a simple pause and play system for them to simulate the slide-show. Alternatively, with the new HTML5 object, you could if feeling brave, drop a custom IMG element onto the page and code a simple image changing script to load the files dynamically.

Opus = Options

</mack>

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: January 6th, 2015, 1:12 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Thanks, Mack, for this explanation.

I had written to DW support, await their reply. I had also written to DW support about the HTML 5 line spinning (see here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5558 ) and received this reply:

Quote:
Looks like it could be a bug in the HTML5 output so we’re looking into a fix. In the meantime you should be able to fix it by using the following:

if( lastAngle != angle )
{
obj.SetRotation(angle);
lastAngle = angle;
}

Wherever you are setting the object rotation where obj is the name of the object.

Hope that helps. We hope to fix it in the next update so keep an eye out for that on the maintenance release pages.

I wonder if the line spinning in that separate forum posting (with IMP files) is actually the same screen flashing bug?

In any event, tried but was not able to use DW support's suggested script to get the IMP to work.

So, await the bug fix.

Meanwhile, will give some thought to your mentioned alternatives or use the multiframe for this separate project.

Again, much thanks.