Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently May 17th, 2024, 8:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Good tutorials
PostPosted: March 28th, 2015, 9:35 pm 

Opus: Opus Pro 9.75
System: `HP
Hi,

How difficult is it to make a real good tutorial on youtube for example.
I was hoping to find a decent tutorial about how to make responsive website with Opus Pro
but i am really disappointed in the quality of the tutorial.
http://www.digitalworkshop.com/resource ... nt-1.shtml

Who can make step by step tutorials on youtube?
Like to see them soon... :-)

For this message Ad Mulders has been thanked by : mackavi

Profile Visit website  

Post subject: Re: Good tutorials
PostPosted: March 31st, 2015, 1:50 pm 

Opus: Opus Pro v9.75
System: HP xw660 Server 32GB RAM, Toshiba Satellite Laptop
What would you like to see in the tutorials and how would they be different from what's available? Just interested to know...

For this message pc_amethyst has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: April 2nd, 2015, 2:35 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
Unfortunately, this is an age-old problem and I empathise that, with English as a Second Language, text based tutorials are probably not the ideal when handling technical topics. Having written / produced, both text and video based tutorials for various applications including Opus Pro - it is more the additional time & effort in generating video based training that is the problem than the actual production skills required.

As Opus HTML5 will now be more appealing to a larger global audience, you may see either DW or its user-base create some of your coveted video training but then you hit the next age-old problem, with an application as powerful as Opus HTML5, which topics / features do you immortalise on film first?

</mack>

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: April 3rd, 2015, 6:44 am 

Opus: OpusPro 9.75 - HTML5 exports, Evolution
System: FUJITSU
I think it would be great to have some videos (tutorials) how to work with Opus/Creator.

It would be nice to show my colleagues what is possible in Opus. Do you know how many videos you can find on YouTube for Opus/Creator and for the other authoring SW? https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=opus+pro+9

I think that YouTube it is the best way for the application promotion.
I read a lot of various tutorials mostly about programming. For the code examples the written material is mostly preferable but sometimes it is worth to see a video - like videos for AngularJS.

Would be nice to have a few basic tutorials up to 3 - 5 minutes covering areas (topics are based on my experiences when I was starting with Opus Pro 9):
1) the first UI introduction - create/manipulate with objects on the screen (use ctr+mouse to move object out of the canvas)
3) object properties - mouse over, mouse click, disabled ... and appearance changes, object converstions
4) how to import vector graphic and which format (use Inkscape for conversion)
5) how to insert a variable to text (it was a big challenge) and how to use array variables
6) basic animation - show, hide, follow path, tween, timeline
7) great features - QuickBuild - tables, rename
Advanced topics:
8) advanced - creating script and sharing values (not cookies but local storage)
9) how to publish and what settings are good for (multiple page, single page etc)
10) HTML5 and extending with own Javascript functions
11) SCORM HTML5 export

Recently I discovered .exe export. DVD menus are not the hot topic but maybe Android export. To show what the export formats are available (and see a working result) in Opus could astonish potential users :-).

When I was starting with Opus Pro 9 I nearly gave it up because I was not able to do things how I was used to or I was expecting to be work. Information are available in help but I'm not the type of person who reads all documentation first and then tries the product. I try first.
Thanks belongs to DW for answering my basic questions sent via email and users of this phorum.

ovo

For this message ovo has been thanked by : mackavi

Profile Visit website