Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently May 17th, 2024, 11:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Microsoft Access only let me store 64 entries...
PostPosted: June 11th, 2015, 1:32 pm 

Opus: Opus 9.5
System: Intel Core i7 3.6Ghz
My Opus Publication only let me write 64 entries to Microsoft Access at a time???
What on earth is the reason for this?

For this message Matra has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: Microsoft Access only let me store 64 entries...
PostPosted: June 12th, 2015, 10:20 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: OpusPro v9.0x, & Evol.
System: Core 2 duo 2Ghz, RAM 3GB, Nvidia Go 7700 - laptop
Some suggestions.

1. verify you have not left-in some (max 64) Access argument from testing efforts.
Similarly, check that you do not have some Opusscript counter limiting results in a "for" statement.

2. try the Opus Pub entirely on another, perhaps older-Window machine.

3. track/observe variables in your script at each step/cycle... showing what's going on using Debug.trace().

4. try your Access WRITE statement directly within MS Access's console (or whatever its called... for report or queries)

MS Access itself can handle thousands of rows, and write operations should not be limited.... other than by memory or by given instructions.

For this message Lar_123 has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: June 12th, 2015, 12:28 pm 

Opus: Opus 9.5
System: Intel Core i7 3.6Ghz
Hi Lar 123,

Thank you for you responds, I check my code and see no counter limits or Opus script that prevents me to write more than 64 at a time (attach is a screenshot of all the "steps" when the user clicks on a button) and the script is as follows:

Code:
var myDB = new Database("FILEDSN=C:\\Backup\\CBT\\Published\\J281 Ross Operators\\Data\\database.dsn");
myDB.ExecuteSQL("INSERT INTO " + COMMAND_PARAM_2 + "_" + COMMAND_PARAM_1 + " (Candidate_ID,Segment_No,Frwd_Qty,LoginDate,SegmentTime,Duration,Repeat_Qty,Back_Qty,Help_Qty,Plus_Qty,Other_Qty) VALUES ( '" + COMMAND_PARAM_1 + "', '" + segmentno + "', " + numberofforwardclicks + ", '" + SYSTEM_DATE_FULL + "', '" + current_time + "', '" + time0104 + "', " + repeatqty + ", " + backqty + ", " + helpqty + ", " + plusqty + ", " + otherqty + " )");

Everytime the user click the next button the script above is excuted, the problem is my publication is over a 100 pages long and only the first 64 pages details is captured, the rest is not insert into the database at all.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message Matra has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: June 12th, 2015, 5:18 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: OpusPro v9.0x, & Evol.
System: Core 2 duo 2Ghz, RAM 3GB, Nvidia Go 7700 - laptop
Matra wrote:
My Opus Publication only let me write 64 entries to Microsoft Access at a time???
What on earth is the reason for this?

Correct me if I am wrong on what you mean by "entries". I interpreted that as writing 64 records (or rows). And according to your explanation of Opus Page layout and User-clicks, database write/insert is done once-per-page (not 64 records at a time). It seems you must get to page 63 or 64 and then you cannot write to database from Opus pages that follow??? (Could be a more general error on that later opus page?? Does Debug.trace reveal anything there? ).

BTW, ODBC Data Sources (settings in windows administration) has some things to help you:
* you can turn ODBC logging ON --- to perhaps get more details.
* Windows ODBC drivers used may need to be looked at.
If you are running 64-bit windows and the Opus Pub is a 32-bit program, you may need to check your drivers setup. Although it seems you established a working connection somehow. (google: SysWow64 odbcad32.exe)

ETA: If you are opening the DB, writing a record to it, and closing it --- all from one Opus Page (then repeating on next pages), ODBC default timeout should not be an issue.

For this message Lar_123 has been thanked by : mackavi