Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently May 17th, 2024, 11:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Windows 10 ??
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2015, 8:46 am 

Does anyone know if windows exe files are truly cross device in Windows 10?
I mean can a publication created in Opus function on a Windows phone with Windows 10

For this message Trevor Boulton has been thanked by : mackavi

Profile Visit website  

Post subject: Re: Windows 10 ??
PostPosted: September 4th, 2015, 4:06 pm 

I know the answer NO!

I have just upgraded (?) my laptop to Win10 and when I try to run a presentation I prepared on the same machine it is rubbish! Symptoms are slow running, one slide showing over the top of another, transitions taking an age etc. etc. totally unusable!

Also, when in Editor mode the characters do not look as sharp as when I was using Win 8.1.

I have to use the presentation in a few days (September 18th) and panic is setting in.

I wish I hadn't started, MS say that the installation can be easily (my most hated computer word!) reversed. I will see if there are any fixes first and then I will try to get back to Windows 8.1, which worked just fine!

If anyone has any good ideas they would be welcome.

Help!

Kind regards

Martin

PS I have downloaded latest version of Opus and re-installed the program no improvement whatsoever.

M

PS I tried publishing it as a web application and apart from videos playing OK but then not moving on to the next page it looks a lot better. Almost usable!

M

PPS Well! I have restored 8.1 and it (Opus 9.6) works just fine, so it will stay that way until someone can convince me otherwise!

M

For this message Riftvalley has been thanked by : mackavi

Last edited by Riftvalley on September 4th, 2015, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: September 4th, 2015, 5:03 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
Hi Martin,

Sorry to hear that W10 is causing problems. Have you checked out the recent post on this, as there are a couple of ideas relating to the graphic drivers and tweaking some of the Opus settings that have helped a little.

</mack>

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: September 4th, 2015, 5:33 pm 

Thanks Mackavi,

As there is not so long to go and I must have a reliable presentation I will wait until after September 18th before trying again. The presentation is to a group of senior students (we used to call them Prefects) at a local Academy and the subject is Presentations and Communications so I had better get it right!

I will read all the posts, I have flagged this with DW I didn't think that there was that much of a material difference between 8.1 and 10, I thought it was more or less just the front end that was changed.

I should have been warned as a colleague is having all sorts of issues with PowerPoint on Win 10 and that is an MS product!

M

For this message Riftvalley has been thanked by : mackavi

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: September 4th, 2015, 5:57 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
Yes, it hasn't been an easy process. I started with the upgrade route - which pretty much killed my machine. Eventually, I worked out how to get my W10 key and did a HD wipe and clean install and most of my software was happy except all my MS software had to be upgraded - maybe that's how MS intended on making money on a free OS. Opus, ironically, works fine but I'm running an older icore chip - so different graphic drivers I assume.

Good luck with the presentation.

</mack>

P.S where in cider country are you? I'm just round the corner in East Devon.

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: September 5th, 2015, 3:50 am 

Opus: Opus Pro 9.x
System: MSI Dragon Laptop - 8 Core i7, 32gb ram, 2tb hd, GeForce GTX 980
I've noticed my high-end laptop is severely suffering under Windows 10 - upgraded from Windows 8.1.

If I roll-back to Windows 8.1, will I lose anything I installed since Windows 10 was upgraded?

I am HATING Windows 10. I'm having serious internet issues because of it that were not there at all
under Windows 8.1 - especially in FireFox.

I cannot seem to upgrade my Nvidia GeForce driver under Windows 10. It's a total cluster____!

Mike

For this message karmacomposer has been thanked by : mackavi

Profile Visit website