Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently May 18th, 2024, 6:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Opus Creator .exe will not work on Windows 10
PostPosted: September 11th, 2015, 8:07 am 

Help! I have spent hours and hours design an interface exe and now I can't use it. Problems!

Images don't load
Animations and transitions don't work. In short, my executable doesn't work. I get about 4 cm of graphics showing on the screen. Totally useless!

Soo.. I have bought a piece of software that I now can't use because I can't distribute the executable. If anyone has ideas what to do to get this to work reliably I would love to hear from you.

For this message ericadyson has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: Opus Creator .exe will not work on Windows 10
PostPosted: September 11th, 2015, 9:31 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
Hi Erica,

Not the most helpful reply - but Windows 10 is very new and not very stable - one look around the web will reveal the sheer number of problems users are having with incompatibility. There is a update - MS are calling Threshold 2, which is apparently due in November. Additionally, Opus / Creator is not sold as a Windows 10 compatible application. Digital Workshop may be working on an answer or they may wait until the dust settles - you need to contact support directly to find out more. There should be link on the help menu in the program.

Compatibility of the distributed machines is going to be really difficult at this stage and I can think of a few idea.

1. Try turning of DirectX for the Publication > Properties > DirectX Tab > turn off both graphics and sound.

2. Executable > Properties > Compatibility > change to Windows 8 or 7.

3. Don't use the executable type. HTML5 is a much better solution as it's platform independent.

Also, please use the link at the top right of this page to add profile.

[edit] Probably worth running Windows' dxdiag tool to see if it finds an DirectX problems.

</mack>

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: September 17th, 2015, 6:21 am 

Thanks for your reply but I have to say that even if I got the .exe to work, many people have Windows 10 and this will grow.. so I can't issue it to anyone can I? So currently it's unusable. I need to issue one file for folks.. that file includes all the other files they need nicely wrapped up in an interface for them.

I can't do that if I publish as html or can I?

PostPosted: September 17th, 2015, 1:58 pm 

Opus: Opus Pro 9.x
System: MSI Dragon Laptop - 8 Core i7, 32gb ram, 2tb hd, GeForce GTX 980
If you publish as HTML5 then it will be available on the internet through a browser.

There are ways to package up a HTML5 document with dependencies into a self running .exe, apk for android and ios app.

Look at phonegap for all mobile devices.

Adobe Air and Webkit for .exe.

Of course, why not beta test your app with others and see if it works on their Windows 10 computers before scrapping it.

If there is one thing I have learned, it is that there are a zillion different variables and a zillion different ways of seeing something
when it comes to people's computers. Just because it may not work on yours does not mean it will not work on all. Also, how do you
know if your computer is infected with something stopping Opus Pro apps from working? It's possible.

Beta test and find out for sure.

Mike

For this message karmacomposer has been thanked by : mackavi

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: September 28th, 2015, 10:15 am 

Thanks for that. My PC isn't infected and it doesn't work on other Window 10 PCs.

Very frustrating and I feel I have wasted time and dosh.

But I don't see how the product will survive is this isn't addressed and the sales guy was oh so unhelpful...

PostPosted: September 28th, 2015, 11:34 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: OpusPro v9.0x, & Evol.
System: Core 2 duo 2Ghz, RAM 3GB, Nvidia Go 7700 - laptop
ericadyson wrote:
Help! I have spent hours and hours design an interface exe and now I can't use it. Problems!

Images don't load
Animations and transitions don't work. In short, my executable doesn't work. I get about 4 cm of graphics showing on the screen. Totally useless!

Hi Erica,

I have experienced some strange problems, but that was years ago, where page or objects were reduced to very few pixels. Sometimes the solutions are simple once you narrow down on them. Two recommendations:

* If you are inclined to pursue the issue and troubleshoot back to the problem, we can help in this user forum, we'll just need to know more specific information. Right now there is little to go on from what you described is happening. eg, did your Pub work when previewed, but not after publishing?

* Contact DW Support directly, from within the program... so it will send your Dev Sys/PC Config and network info to Support ...along with detailed description of the problem. They can be quite good at spotting the culprit.

For help in the forum, please don't ignore requests for details and clarification or specific questions. Most of the people here are busy and only volunteer their time to help the community of Opus/Creator users. Please come back sooner than 4 days. Please update your forum profile with System & Environment info.

For this message Lar_123 has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: October 15th, 2015, 9:34 am 

Opus: Pro 9.75
System: MacBook Pro (Intel 2020)
I'm experiencing redraw screen problems with Opus published exe files on my Windows 10 system. Just got a VM of Windows 10 running so I could do some initial tests. I am hopefully this is a Parallels 11 issue with drivers, but I need to grab another desktop and install Windows 10 to check out the issue fully.

DW is there a plan to release a fix any issues for Windows 10 publishing, I know the focus is very much on HTML5 at the moment but many of us have customers who we sold .exe programs too and many have started to move over to Windows 10, my inbox is filling up with issues.

I get a redraw issue where pages in the publication change or drag and drop issue happen and the screen isn't updated 100%, there are still lots of artefacts left onscreen. Changing compatibility to Windows 7 reduces the issue but does not fix it, this is making my applications not useable.

For this message lmc has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: November 13th, 2015, 5:48 pm 

Opus: Pro 9.75
System: MacBook Pro (Intel 2020)
Major Windows 10 update out this week, I have not installed yet but will shortly. I hope it fixes the redraw issues with Opus publications. I have a lot of customers calling and emailing me that my educational applications no longer work. This is double edged sword, I kinda want MS to fix it, but if DW release a fix in the next Opus update, that works best for me as it's an up-sell opportunity to my customers $$$.

For this message lmc has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: December 5th, 2015, 11:28 am 

ericadyson wrote:

Images don't load

Soo.. I have bought a piece of software that I now can't use because I can't distribute the executable. If anyone has ideas what to do to get this to work reliably I would love to hear from you.

Has the problem PC got an Intel HD 4000 driver?
If so, read my rather lengthy post on it...Everyone blames the vendors, Microsoft & Intel but they really won't be putting any effort into it..unless we get lucky and the driver set gets updated...you have, like me, two choices, wait and hope or find another product that will work.

Good luck

For this message DavidWright has been thanked by : mackavi