Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently April 26th, 2024, 7:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: page bookmark into cookie for html5
PostPosted: March 16th, 2020, 1:35 pm 

Hi.
Trying to set the page title as a bookmark for a HTML5 pub which is a very big quiz. I can set a cookie as per video tutorial Mack did with txt, can create a cookie with the Q_score values. But I cannot get the page title into a cookie. Have tried system Pub Page Title, tried to send that variable to another variable, tried a script with Master page using myVaribale = this.GetPage() but with no success. I am obviously missing something particular with the page title variable.

Any help would be appreicated as always.

thanks
Stuart

Post subject: Re: page bookmark into cookie for html5
PostPosted: March 17th, 2020, 3:01 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
Calling the following from a script on the page will get the name:

Quote:
myPageName = this.GetName();

</mack>

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

For this message mackavi has been thanked by : Gillawa

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: March 18th, 2020, 12:26 am 

Hi Mack. Ended up with something similar with a frame and GetParent(). GetName() which worked. Yours is a bit more elegant of course. I have the page bookmarked and the score set into cookies and brought back into the publication with the course going to the page that was bookmarked in the stored cookie. BTW, I did find through some rather painful long way round that pages can't have numbers, so instead of page1 I used page_one which sorted out the bringing back the cookie. I also found that using the script to bring back the name of the page it included the S that Opus puts into the cookie but using an action it didn't.

I have one problem left with the score. The score cookie is brought back and loaded into Q_SCORE_VALUE and shows in the course. But as soon as I resume the questions the Q_SCORE_VALUE resets to zero which is a pain. I'm thinking I have to create a manual get question score value as the system one resets as you try and resume where you left off. If there is a way around this I would love to know.

thanks again

PostPosted: March 18th, 2020, 7:50 am 

It seems that a question value that is in the .js needs to be set, but I have no idea which one. Setting Q_SCORE_VALUE is easy but need to set the question to a state that will allow resumption of the course with the score returned from the cookie.