Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently April 25th, 2024, 10:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Fast food system in Opus Pro
PostPosted: May 9th, 2021, 3:40 pm 

Opus: 7
System: Asus P5Q3 Deluxe, Core 2 Duo E8500, 8 Gb DDR3 1333 mhz, His IceQ5 5770 HD Graphic Card, Samsung T220 Monitor; Lenovo G550 T6600, 4 GB DDR3 - 15,6".
Hy Everyone...

After a few years without entering, I see that many things have changed, the flash has been abolished and I need to find a new way to work with Opus Pro.

Currently most people use systems that work online, through websites with multiple functions. The popularization of smartphones with internet access, product ordering systems and payments through qr codes made the exchange of information between buyer and seller very fast. Here in Brazil, online payments through qr codes with the exact amount generated in the pic pay or pix payment system allow an immediate transfer of values ​​between buyer and seller.

I would like to know if through opus pro I can develop a fast food system for trailers and cafeterias.

This system ordering products in two parts:
- The buyer's via smartphone, with internet access, through a qr code to enter the seller's website, identify with a name, being able to select different products (which can be listed on more than one page), and then on a final page (which can be a shopping cart, having the list of selected products, being able to change the quantity and having the result of the final value and place the order.
- On the seller's side, the seller with a computer with internet access can check the order on the screen - made by the customer - with sequential numerical order, the products chosen, their quantity and the final value of the same.

Apparently I needs to create a program in opus on buyer's side already turned to android (which needs to run on iPhones too). In the case of the seller, the sales program can run directly on the PC.

Too much challenge to perform on Opus Pro? Any suggestion and assistance will be very welcome !!!

Post subject: Re: Fast food system in Opus Pro
PostPosted: May 21st, 2021, 7:31 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
Hi Nilson,

I would suggest not using Opus Pro for this project as the software is no longer under development and has not been for some time. Whilst it is still useful for certain Windows / HTML5 projects, I cannot recommend it for anything complex or of long term commercial value.

Anything that needs to run on PC, Android and Apple platforms will either need to be build for each platform using specific tools or in HTML5 for cross-platform. It would be easier to build and maintain a HTML5 web application that both the user and seller access online.

</mack>

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: May 24th, 2021, 4:14 pm 

Opus: 7
System: Asus P5Q3 Deluxe, Core 2 Duo E8500, 8 Gb DDR3 1333 mhz, His IceQ5 5770 HD Graphic Card, Samsung T220 Monitor; Lenovo G550 T6600, 4 GB DDR3 - 15,6".
mackavi wrote:
Hi Nilson,

I would suggest not using Opus Pro for this project as the software is no longer under development and has not been for some time. Whilst it is still useful for certain Windows / HTML5 projects, I cannot recommend it for anything complex or of long term commercial value.

Anything that needs to run on PC, Android and Apple platforms will either need to be build for each platform using specific tools or in HTML5 for cross-platform. It would be easier to build and maintain a HTML5 web application that both the user and seller access online.

</mack>

Hy mack!
Thank you for the answer. Very good to see that there are still people in this world always ready to help.

Too bad software as Opus Pro is unsupported. With the advent of the extinction of the flash, many things that I have learned simply no longer have any function. It has always been very good to have the help of partners here on the forum for the development of interactive software, which go well beyond the capacity of normal software, coldly programmed thinking only of the final goal, without any interactivity or engaging and stimulatingly intuitive graphic interface.

In fact, this has always been the biggest advantage of Opus pro, combining a beautiful and customizable interface with relatively easy and intuitive programming. Although I have not researched other alternatives in depth, I believe that other platforms are much less intuitive and practical to create and program graphically beautiful and interactive software.

Finally, to develop a project of this size, what tools do you think are most appropriate?

Once more, thanks for your cooperation!!!

PostPosted: May 25th, 2021, 9:34 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
I can only say what software I settled on and that's Saola Animate. As the name implies - it is geared towards animation but in the same way that Adobe Flash was rather than a drawing application. I can say, that everything I've ever built in Opus has been rebuilt in this software - so the potential is there.

Our website, the teaching activities and all our commercial e-learning is built using a combination of visual and programming development with Saola now. You can see some here: http://www.live.interaktiv.co.uk/?scene=wordScene

I will add that their support is outstanding with lots of resources to help you learn. A while back I did produce an Opus 2 Saola video to give Opus users an introduction to the software by building a simple project - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUixc2tPpR8

</mack>

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website