Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently October 9th, 2024, 8:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Emulate Mouse Click
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 12:01 am 

Opus: Professional v7.01
Hi All,

Although I have had Opus for awhile this is the first time I have really used it and had to register on this forum to ask a question.

I am working on a project for a customer and I am having difficulties with a 'swf' presentation.

The presentation has 6 slides and 6 audio files, each audio file is to be played as each slide is displayed. The problem I am hoping to find a solution for is to "emulate a left mouse click".

I have successfully displayed the presentation and played the 1st audio file and then the next audio file yet the presentation is not advancing to the next slide. To do this I need to click the left mouse button.

What I'd like to do is have slide 1 display and play audio file 1, emulate left mouse click to move to slide 2 and play audio file 2 and so on.

I have been through the forum and help files yet I haven't been able to find a solution. Does anyone have a suggestion?

My only aletrnative so far is to capture the screen and save each slide as a picture yet the image quality is not as good as when the swf is playing.

Appreciate and assistance.

Thanks.

Andrew

For this message intertag has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: Emulate Mouse Click
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 12:43 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: OpusPro v9.0x, & Evol.
System: Core 2 duo 2Ghz, RAM 3GB, Nvidia Go 7700 - laptop
Andrew,
Welcome to the forum.
I think what you want is simple.
Question 1: Where do you want the 'mouse click'
-- on the slide
-- or on a Button

Whichever you choose, simply make your actions under a "Simultaneous Action" group. (see screenshot)
Just make sure that you 'uncheck' any options for 'Exclusive animation' (mostly applies to Transitions and certain animations, which may not be a factor here)

Simply add your slideshow and play audio action under that.

Good luck.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message Lar_123 has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 1:12 am 

Opus: Professional v7.01
Hi Lar_123,

I'm not sure what you mean as I don't have any programming skills and the help file doesn't explain what I am after.

The swf file has 6 slides and I have just learnt that it moves forward to the next slide after a period of time and thus I have been able to add each audio file to play one after the other. This is close enough to work. There is a slight delay in the next slide showing after the next audio file begins to play.

Thanks

Andrew

For this message intertag has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 7:55 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: OpusPro v9.0x, & Evol.
System: Core 2 duo 2Ghz, RAM 3GB, Nvidia Go 7700 - laptop
Quote:
I am working on a project for a customer and I am having difficulties with a 'swf' presentation.
It does not matter whether you have programming skills or not, it is a matter of delivering quality product to the client.

Please 'try again'. What I suggest is simple.

Let me explain the principle.
When you set up standard Actions in Opus, they will normally execute one after another. For example, play audio will not start until show slide is finished. But if you want both actions to commence at the same time, there are a couple options to achieve this. The simplest is 'Simultaneous Action Group'. Both Actions will start at the same time.

See attached example publication (must be logged in to see and download).

BTW, Opus is a nicely engineered application. You can modify your Action set easily. With the MouseClick trigger selected, simply add a new Action (the Simultaneous Action Group), then in the Action tree.... drag the other existing actions onto the 'Simultaneous' action. It should result in the two previously independent/series actions 'nested' under the Simultaneous action. (previous post).

Quote:
the help file doesn't explain what I am after.
It may be true that it is not often easy to know what is possible to do or to find how-to do something in the Help files when you are starting out. It is a learning curve. But it is there:
Quote:
fron the Opus Help file: The Simultaneous Action Group action allows you run a sub-set of actions all at once. In the normal course of events, actions in a group play one after the other. However, there are times when you may want actions to happen at the same time. This is particularly true if you are using animation actions, for example, when you want the appearance of an object to both grow and move at the same time. In this example, if the actions do not appear under a Simultaneous Action Group, first the object will grow and then it will move – which may not be the effect you required.

I am assuming you are using the Slideshow object in Opus.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message Lar_123 has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2010, 9:07 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
Morning Andrew,

Opus includes both a trigger to emulate a mouse click but also there is an easy way as there is a trigger that sync to the end of the audio file and changes slides when the music ends.

See attached.

Mack

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website