Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently October 8th, 2024, 10:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Frame Scroll for draggable objects
PostPosted: June 8th, 2010, 11:47 am 

Opus: Pro 5 XE
Hi, im fairly new to Opus, and would like to create a scrollable frame so that i can have draggable text boxes within it (to save space on a page)

Also, does opus have a function to save a page state, so that when a page is changed within a presentation the original page remains the same.

Thanks for any help

Post subject: Re: Frame Scroll for draggable objects
PostPosted: June 8th, 2010, 1:06 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
kyleking wrote:
Hi, im fairly new to Opus, and would like to create a scrollable frame so that i can have draggable text boxes within it (to save space on a page)

1. Create a frame big enough to hold all the desired objects.
2. Add a scrollbar.
3. Add the objects inside the frame.
4. Hold CTRL and click and drag the required handle on the frame to size.

kyleking wrote:
Also, does opus have a function to save a page state, so that when a page is changed within a presentation the original page remains the same.

Not for beginners. It is possible to capture most object properties and record these to reload states but this requires scripting. There are various topics already discussing this.

Mack

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: June 8th, 2010, 9:38 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: OpusPro v9.0x, & Evol.
System: Core 2 duo 2Ghz, RAM 3GB, Nvidia Go 7700 - laptop
Quote:
...does opus have a function to save a page state, so that when a page is changed within a presentation the original page remains the same.

Let me ask you to clarify your question.

Are you saying that you want:
A. to go back and view the Page in it's original state? (you said "...the original page remains the same." )
B. to have the User interact with the Page, make some changes, leave the Page and then come back to previous page... not in it's original fresh state but in the way the User left it (with his changes)? (you said "...save a page state")

For "A", that is the default mode for Opus ( a Page will appear in its INITIAL state )

For "B", it is as Mack replied... , do some scripting to save & later reload from saved data/state info.
There is a bit of a special case. But not used so much for 'normal' navigating from page to page to page. And that is this: If you want to depart from normal navigation through content and go to another Page knowing that you will come back to the page you just left, you can use Opus VIEWS. For example, say the User is navigating through content and making changes/interacting, but he wants to go to a 'help page' or a 'preferences/options page' -- you simply create a separate Chapter (holding the 'help page') and set the Chapter Properties to "Display in Window". When User goes to the 'help page', it will open in a new Window in front of the normal content page. (use standard Actions under category of 'Window' to close that 'help page' -- Opus calls this a 'View'). Once the 'help page' is Closed, the regular content Page is just where you left it, including User interactions/changes.

Hope that helps.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2010, 8:59 am 

Opus: Pro 5 XE
Thanks very much, both were helpful (and it was point B that i was trying to achieve)

Now, in solving one problem i have run into another. When i try to drag and drop an object from my scrollable frame it disappears (when leaving the frame), so that i cant actually drop it into a reciever box.

PostPosted: June 9th, 2010, 10:35 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
No you can't. That's the purpose of frames to collectively bind all child objects.

However, there are various other ways you might consider. I'd start by looking at groups which aren't bound but also lose some of the features of frames such as scrolling, but you could implement an animation that scrolls the group instead.

Alternatively, use multiple groups with show / hide. This would allow you to work on the page - rather than the invisible areas and group key objects together. Add some buttons for each group type and the user simply selects what they want on screen.

Dragging and dropping will then work.

Mack

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website