Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently September 28th, 2024, 3:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Variable number not working with a multiframe. OV7
PostPosted: December 25th, 2011, 12:31 pm 

Opus: Creator v9 Opus v7
I have a multi frame with 3 frames (with a text input box in each) and a score frame.
When a text is dropped in each box I get a score correct or incorrect and a page variable that I have created is added 1 number. So you can jump from one frame to other and when the 3 text input boxes have been done the variable will have a 3 number and go to the score frame. The idea is to do the input boxes of each frame in any order you want to and go to the score frame after the last one is done, without pressing any button.
But the variable is not working. I tried a text variable and a number with the “add to existing context” ticked.
I have attached the imp file in case some can help me.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message Isma has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: Variable number not working with a multiframe. OV7
PostPosted: December 26th, 2011, 12:35 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: OpusPro v9.0x, & Evol.
System: Core 2 duo 2Ghz, RAM 3GB, Nvidia Go 7700 - laptop
Looked at your attached .imp Pub.

Observations:
- You have permissions or password protection on certain elements, that makes it a little annoying to review and help -- but okay I'll work with it anyway.
- This pub has many errors and several inconsistencies.

-- for some OnShow >>> chng polygon fill, you have not selected an object to apply colour to
-- on textboxes object, you test ir_ya is EQ oa, but oa is not set-up as a variable. Why not? What are you going to do with this?
-- you use variable ir_ya at times, and at other times you use iralscore as a variable, but iralscore is not set-up as a Page Variable. Why not?
Specifically, that "variable" is not called out or identified as the variable to evalutate in the actions dialogue for drop1, drop2, drop3 actions -- so becomes a broken step.
-- on f2 object, you test iralscore is EQ uuu, but uuu is not set-up as a variable nor does it have a value. Why not?

-- whenever you have condition as not-dropped, you add 0 to score incorrect (SCORE_INCORRECT). So it does not change anything, and you never use it anyway. Future use???
-- initially NO OBJECTS are ever hidden (except that individual Frames in a Multiframe do show later) and all objects at Page-level show once -- at first display of the one Page. For example, object named 'text boxes' with its OnShow trigger will execute immediately and only once.

You accumulate a tally in SCORE_CORRECT --- but the text box objects to display it are never shown.
You have those in a Frame within Multiframe, and it is never shown for 2 reasons:
The test condition is on the MultiFrame1's OnShow trigger and that only happens once when page is initially loaded.
Second, the test condition is not true, so it will not advance to the Frame named 'score'.
To test this for yourself easily, temporarily add a Button object with an action to go-to End-frame in Multiframe1 -- i.e., answer your quiz and then manually show the text boxes with scores.

(I copied the 'score' object to top level of the Page, and I disabled Permissions since I also had trouble with the text in that text box. )
FINALLY, I typed in a word and a space in front of the Inserted Variable <SCORE_CORRECT> -- and got it to show the score when Previewed. I am not sure why this part was so difficult, maybe something was corrupted... ???

I suggest pencil and paper as a way to check your logic and flow of steps, test conditions. But in the end, it was just a small 'gotcha' around not ever showing the score text box (and whatever issue with permissions or inserted-variable not displaying).

For this message Lar_123 has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: December 26th, 2011, 12:55 am 

Opus: Opus Pro Latest version 9.02 Build 16458
System: Asus laptop Intel Core i5 8 gig ram, big monitor, reading glasses
Hi Isma

Downloaded your file and tried it out.

I'm not exactly sure what you want.

I added a variable counter to store a single score each time the yes box was dropped. I also created a text box on the front of your page where I could see if the variable was working. This can be easily deleted but it does show you whether or not anything is happening when you run your publication.

I don't think anything was being added to your score score action, but it is now.

Is this what you want?

Have a look and hopefully your problem is solved!

Cheers

Graham

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message Graham Baglin has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: December 26th, 2011, 6:48 pm 

Opus: Creator v9 Opus v7
Thank you lar and Graham.

The file was a mess I realised after your replies.

I found what I wanted, more simple that I expedted. And the key thing was to use the advanced trigger "variable changed"
on the page. Anyway i post the correct file in case you want to see it.

For this message Isma has been thanked by : mackavi