Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently June 15th, 2024, 8:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Opus as PowerPoint Replacement
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2012, 6:48 pm 

Opus: 8
System: Dell Precision T5500, 8 core Dual Xeon 2.13 GHz, 24 GB RAM, All SSD drives
Okies, folks, we are taking the leap. I have assigned one of my staff to build an ILT presentation tool in Opus to replace PowerPoint in our classes. Our instructors have seen enough Opus and are feeling very limited by PowerPoint and are bought in.

So, we are working to develop a two screen tool. As this is of benefit to the community as a whole, I want to moot a couple of immediate issues that come to mind.

Obviously, we want the students to see only the presentation and we need a comprehensive set of tools for the presenter on their screen. Certainly they need a viewer so they can confirm what is on the presentation screen without have to look away. That is one thing.

Perhaps a bit more dicey is a filmstrip of the entire presentation down at the bottom so they can quickly navigate to other pages. Some workarounds have come to mind, but an easy, repeatable function would be much better.

Thoughts?

Dave

PS - Yikes. Immediately ran into an even more critical question: Why can't I control a slideshow on Monitor 1 from Monitor 2? This is an obvious pre-requisite for what we are trying to do. Obvious we can see pages from Chapter 1 (monitor 1) and change them, so cross chapter communication isn't the issue...but "Slideshow1" doesn't appear for the button on the presenter screen. Not good... Anyone dealt with this?

"If you can't measure it, it's crap."
David A. Mallette, 1980

For this message Mallette has been thanked by : mackavi