Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently September 29th, 2024, 11:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbie - video help
PostPosted: April 7th, 2012, 4:02 pm 

Opus: Opus Pro v7
Hello all, I am a newbie to Opus and also the forum so please be gentle :)

I have had to jump in at the deep end with Opus and an overdue project and thus have not really had the opportunity to run through any tutorials.

My brief is this, I have been asked to produce an interactive full screen video based around a fire.

There are four videos that make up the full sequence (cut scenes from one full length video) currently in .flv format;

1) smoke building and fire starting [approx 26 sec]

2) fire burning (this is on a loop sequence playing indefinitely until mouse click action) [approx 5 mins long]

3) fire being extinguished [approx 50 sec]

4) fire restarting (progressing back to seq. 2) [approx 15 sec]

there is also a start screen on the front end (DVD style) and a menu screen after seq. 3 allowing for seq. 4 to be started or end menu to be activated (links to start menu, restart fire & quit programme)

At this moment in time (possibly incorrectly) I have placed each element on a separate page within a single chapter. There are basic left click (and one right click) actions from each page leading to the next.

My current stumbling block is that between each click there is approximately a 3-4 sec delay whilst (I presume) the next video loads, as this is meant to be a seamless fire sequence you can understand that this is not acceptable. Also the video playback appears on publishing, to be very stuttered and not at all smooth.

I first built this as an Adobe Flash .exe file, but due to the video file sizes ran into countless crashes and bugs, however the demo did play smoothly with very minimal delay between each video seq.

Is there a way around this that anyone can help with, perhaps a way of pre loading the videos etc?

I am really up against it with a now overdue deadline and a new programme to learn from scratch so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Kai

For this message reflexlcreative has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: Newbie - video help
PostPosted: April 10th, 2012, 7:41 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: OpusPro v9.0x, & Evol.
System: Core 2 duo 2Ghz, RAM 3GB, Nvidia Go 7700 - laptop
Kai,

Welcome to Opus and digital creations.

I myself do not do video stuff. But what I recall in reading through the manual and helpfiles, and forum, is that there is some SETTING or OPTION to "preload resources". I'll just leave it at that and let you search 'preload'.

There is also a VERY GOOD page or two in the Help File regarding "Optimizing" your Opus Pub. Most of this applies to Web-based pubs, but there are other TIPS that relate to bandwidth intensive resources, and how to structure the Pub (including where in the Opus Organizer -- objects are placed).

Regards
Lar

For this message Lar_123 has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: Newbie - video help
PostPosted: April 10th, 2012, 1:26 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
Avoid FLV and make sure your video is optimised - IE appropriate bitrate, dimensions and probably not too highly compressed with something like AVC.

Mack

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website