Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently October 6th, 2024, 7:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Objects get bigger ahead of time
PostPosted: March 30th, 2013, 11:06 am 

Opus: Opus Pro 9.6
Hello

I have a little problem with my workspace in Opus Pro :(
I want to have a dragable object grow in size when it's dropped at a specific location. That part works just fine using the Effects tab and Stretch.
However, it also alters the size of the object while it is in my workspace - please see the attached photo.

I don't want it to be bigger there, since it messes with the rest of the objects.

Is there a way to maintain the original sizes of the objects while they are in the workspace?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message vesperillo has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: Objects get bigger ahead of time
PostPosted: March 30th, 2013, 2:27 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
If I understand correctly, then you need to change the mouse events (those icons in the left pane) back to the normal selection at the top.

Mack

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: March 30th, 2013, 3:09 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: OpusPro v9.0x, & Evol.
System: Core 2 duo 2Ghz, RAM 3GB, Nvidia Go 7700 - laptop
More specifically, "effects" in the Properties dialog are ways to define and shape the object itself.

What you want to create is animation or other actions after the User does something. For this you need a TRIGGER and one or more ACTIONS. The Opus Help files can explain this more thoroughly, but here is the basic idea:

It seems you have successfully set your object to be Draggable, and another object to serve as a Dropzone. Now, you Select the draggable object and Edit its Actions (right click or Ctrl E). First create a trigger: this object dropped. Then add an Action: Animation >>>> Scale. You can set X and Y parameters as well as speed.

For this message Lar_123 has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: March 30th, 2013, 8:52 pm 

Hello and thank you for your answers :-)

It's a minor thing but somewhat tricky to explain.

When I run the program using F5 everything works and looks the way I want it to. The issue is when I return to the workspace to continue my work. Then the objects I have chosen to be stretched - either when they are dragged or when they have been dropped in the specific location - are already stretched to the size I want to occur later.
When I run the program the letters are small - as I want them to be - in a circle and when dragged they expand - all well and good.
I just don't want them to be the big size while I'm still working on a Page, since it messes with the positions of the rest of the unaltered objects within my circle.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2013, 4:36 am 
Godlike
Godlike

vesperillo wrote:
I just don't want them to be the big size while I'm still working on a Page, since it messes with the positions of the rest of the unaltered objects within my circle.
I am pretty sure the "answer" is the same. Do NOT use 'effects' in the Properties dialog. To accomplish what you want... use Actions.

If you still feel something is amiss, post an example file ( .imp ). We will try to help you.

PostPosted: March 31st, 2013, 12:42 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
Hi Vesperillo,

Just checked what I posted and it should work BUT for some reason some of the effects seem to apply to all the objects states. I don't think it should do this.

The help under, Understanding Object States, explains how it should work and this is what I would expect. I can only assume that it's a bug.

I would email DW with an example and point them to this post.

Regards,

Mack

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: April 4th, 2013, 8:44 pm 

Hello again

Apparently it was a little more difficult than I anticipated. I have to admit that I found it easier to work with the effects rather than the actions, but I will look into that part in the future.
Just to make things more confusing the objects in my workspace looked correct after a save and then a reopening of the program the next day.
Anyway, there might be something fishy about the effects so DW have been informed about it.

Thank you both for your great help :D

PostPosted: April 4th, 2013, 11:59 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

vesperillo wrote:
I have to admit that I found it easier to work with the effects rather than the actions,
Vesperillo,

I think I have a workaround for you. Actually it is just a few extra mouse-clicks when adjusting the object's Effects settings... and a little discipline or attention when doing these.

First, I can confirm that I observe the same problem in OpusPro 7.06.

The basics steps you tried:
* make the object draggable/droppable, Apply and then start adding Effects to Drag or Drop STATE. The Effect works, but as noted it leaves the Effect (on the object) showing on the Page in the workspace.
* what one should do at this point, before closing the Properties dialog, is to be sure to Click on the Normal State and then Click OK to exit the Properties.
What does not work:
* It seems you cannot select the Normal State at this point -- to leave the object with Normal properties/effects on the Page.

workaround #1 that may help:
* proceed as above to set draggable/droppable and adding in Effects to those States. Apply.
* Now, it seems you cannot Click on the Normal State (so the 'state' is stuck on that Dragged state, or Dropped state ???)
* So, Click on another State such as Mouse-Over State. Add an Effect, and Apply. Then uncheck the Effect.
* At this point (whether you had hit Apply or not) you should be able to Click on the Normal State. Then Click OK. The important thing is to try to leave the Properties with your Normal State as the one last Selected.

workaround #2 -- same idea, but a little simpler maybe:
* start by adding any preset Effect to the Normal State to begin with, or at least BEFORE you apply other State effects. (you will undo this later so don't worry)
* make your object Draggable/Droppable as usual, and Apply
* Now add your Effects to the Dragged State or Dropped State. You can click Apply now, but it is okay to just proceed to the next steps.
* Now Click on Normal State and uncheck whatever Effects you added.
* Click OK to exit the Properties dialog. This leaves the object on the Page in its Normal State.

Good luck.