Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently October 20th, 2024, 11:39 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Opus Tutorial - web database
PostPosted: March 15th, 2015, 12:23 pm 

Hi,

I did some basic work with opus pro some years back but consider myself to be very much a novice.

I am looking at the the trial of opus 9.5 and have worked my way through the Opus Tutorial: Web Database part 1: using databases online. I have installed WAMP 2.5 and have my services online and running ok. Everything appears to be straightforward right up to the point of clicking the button to post the data. Each time no data is entered into the database. Has anyone else faithfully followed the tutorial and got it to work? Does the php script actually work? I have received a errors about depricated mysql_connect().

Any help would be appreciated?

Many Thanks
Mike

For this message mikehzzzz has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: Opus Tutorial - web database
PostPosted: August 24th, 2015, 11:46 pm 

Opus: Opus Pro 9.x
System: MSI Dragon Laptop - 8 Core i7, 32gb ram, 2tb hd, GeForce GTX 980
Are you following the MySQL database tutorial

http://www.digitalworkshop.com/resource ... ata1.shtml

Or the other database tutorial

http://www.digitalworkshop.com/resource ... ase1.shtml

?

If the second one, it will not work with MySQL, as that is for ODBC databases only.

I am following the first one. It will export to HTML5 and utilizes a MySQL database. I already created the database
file and table using PhpMyAdmin and a database schema software I own. I entered some data and have created the
form for the 1st part of the tutorial - the writing to the database. Once I have that one running successfully, I will
then follow the second one for reading from a MySQL database.

My two concerns is auto-increment and blobs (I have several picture fields that utilize blobs). Not sure how
Opus pro handles those and do not yet know how to load an image from my computer in an Opus Pro form
and have Opus Pro store the blob in the database, though I assume it stores the blob the same way as it does any
other field.

Any help on loading images would be great.

I also am not sure how to use a calendar control to pick a date instead of just typing it in. Does Opus pro have a
calendar control (jquery or otherwise)?

As far as the MySQL database, make sure you use the correct server info to actually load in the database. Make sure
the server is correct (mine is hosted, so localhost will not work - I have to type the actual domain - mydomain.com).

Make sure the username is correct and the password for the SERVER is correct (unless it's not hosted, then it may
just be 'admin' or 'root' for the username).

Make sure the NAME of the database is correct - very important. Also make sure it's correct as far as case sensitivity
is concerned, especially if it's hosted on a linux server (using a server like apache).

I'll let you know how I proceed once I figure out or get help with images.

Mike

For this message karmacomposer has been thanked by : mackavi

Profile Visit website