Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently May 18th, 2024, 11:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Saving text in input text box
PostPosted: February 2nd, 2018, 10:38 pm 

Hello!
I want to have text input boxes where the text doesn’t disappear when the student enter a new page and then go back to page 1.
When the student has checked his answers I want to reset all the text in the text boxes in order to write again. How do I do that. (Saving for later is not the case here..)

Thanks for tips and help!

For this message plerth has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: Saving text in input text box
PostPosted: February 3rd, 2018, 8:40 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
1. When you create a new Text Input Box, the properties dialogue window appears. If it doesn't or it's an existing box, right mouse click on the object and select properties at the bottom of the menu.

2. On the Tab, Text Input - make sure the 'Allow user to type into...' check box is ticked and then select the 'New' button.

3. In the pop-up 'New Variable' window - add a name for the variable - something sensible - like 'myQuestionOne'. Ensure the 'Publication Variable' is selected as this will remember it across pages. If necessary, choose a variable type and add an initial value.

4. Select OK on the all the pop-up windows.

To clear all the values - you need to add an action. These can be attached to different objects with different triggers - we will use a basic button.

1. Add a button to the page.

2. The Actions dialogue window should appear and a Left Mouse Click trigger will automatically be added to the button - left pane pane. Ensure that this trigger is highlighted by clicking on it.

3. Then in the right pane. click the programming tab and select the Variables sub-option.

4. At the bottom of the Actions list, double click the 'Reset All Variables' action. The action will be added to the trigger in the left pane and a new right pane tab will appear called Reset All Variables.

4. On that Tab, choose the Reset type - Publication Variables. Then click OK to close the pop-up.

Hope that helps,

BTW, Our Opus YouTube channel has lots of lessons covering core features.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 4ucrELVYhq

</mack>

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

For this message mackavi has been thanked by : plerth

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2018, 3:09 pm 

Thank you for answering fast. You give me a good solution and easy to understand, but you describe exactly what I already have done! :)
My challenge is that I want this to happen to several Text Input Boxes on a page.
Example: I have 15 boxes on a page. Do I have to make 15 different variables?
Let´s say the first task is what is "Rose" . Answer in the box = Flower. Next question "Ford". Answer to write = Car. Etc...
If I make 10 tasks on a page and have 5 pages, do I have to make 50 variables?
(I tried to copy the first variable to the second Text Input Box, but that will not work, the first text input is copied to the second)
Do you have a solution for that?
The reset button works fine :)

Paal

PostPosted: February 5th, 2018, 9:47 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
Yes, but it's advanced and involves programming. Basically, everything in Opus is an object (like in JavaScript) and therefore any object can have properties allowing you to store data. By understanding and manipulating this, you can create scripts that automate otherwise complex tasks.

The non-programming route, is either creating the fifty variables or creating a single variable of type array. This method would allow you to copy & paste the Input Boxes - but you would have to set the index value for the array for each box. This may be slightly less involved than creating a new variable each time.

</mack>

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

For this message mackavi has been thanked by : plerth

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: February 5th, 2018, 12:31 pm 

Thanks for another good explanation, but scripting is probably nothing for me. I'll try the second option, I think. If that does not work then I'll try the difficult way. Anyway, many thanks for your help!