Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently May 18th, 2024, 8:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: HTML5 website questions
PostPosted: April 9th, 2019, 7:01 pm 

Hi guys,

I'm a weird duck.. I discovered Opus as Illuminatus... 20 years ago... and somehow came back to sometimes try to quick and simple things with it. Right now I am using it as a "hack" to create a website that is otherwise more cumbersome to make with fancy Javascript and SVG magic and such. I have the following questions:

1. Is there any way to animate SVGs inside a publication partially, in the sense of.. imagine a circle where the user can pull on a part, and only a part of it is pullable, and snaps back with a bounce once the user lets go of it? (Cool if possible, not TOO important)

2. How can I make sure the publication scales to fit any screen, like a mobile? right now it's too large and I have to manually resize it on my mobile. (Super important) .. in short.. proper responsiveness.

3. Is there a way to allow for full screen background changes? i.e., browser window filling, rather than just the publication area?

4. What's the best way to randomly load the html page title from a selection of 9?

For this message Flapdoo has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: HTML5 website questions
PostPosted: April 10th, 2019, 12:16 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
You'll find that these questions have been asked an answered already in some form - but here's a quick pointer.

1. You cannot use SVG directly in the editor. If the file is external you can add as a HTML object.

2. Responsive sizing can be set by clicking on the chapter and selecting properties. Opus doesn't do responsive positioning.

3. Yes. trigger full screen mode with JS. I think it's been asked before.

4. Random page? Or Page Title? I don't understand the latter, but for a random page - use the GotoPage action on an onshow trigger for the first page in a chapter and select random as the option. It'll randomly pick another page from the chapter.

</mack>

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: April 11th, 2019, 5:39 pm 

Hi,

Thanks for your answers.

2. That's unfortunate. I need to somehow get this done. Responsive positioning. And I haven't been able to make the resizing work either.
3. I just want to have control over the whole browser window area in terms of the background, not just the publication size. Not sure if I want "fullscreen mode" to be triggered?
4. I am talking about the title tag of the html publication to be randomly picked from a selection of 9.

For this message Flapdoo has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: April 13th, 2019, 9:31 am 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
4. The Document title value can be set using JavaScript - document.title = "my document name";

3. Opus places all the main content inside a DIV which is a child of the BODY. The BODY fills the entire viewport and you can set a colour or image in the publication properties. The DIV basically holds child DIVs each representing a page in your publication. They fill as much of the viewport as you specify in the chapter size properties or in accordance with the scaling value you set. Additionally, the DIV can be aligned to the top or centre of the viewport during publishing.

2. They have instructions on using responsive scaling: http://www.digitalworkshop.co.uk/soluti ... sign.shtml

</mack>

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website