Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently May 18th, 2024, 6:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi , I need a review of my Opus animation work...
PostPosted: June 1st, 2014, 9:29 am 

Hi ,
I need a review of my Opus animation work...

I showed this video to teenagers and young pilots age between 18 and 20
in flight simulators Facebook groups, everyone went wow ,.. actually they wanted to download the program and buy it,....they enjoyed very much.

Can someone give a review to improve my video?
Where are the negative parts?
or parts that doesn't connect to each other?
Is this the right way to do it?

the Idea is : you start with an little animated story then you drag the viewer into a simulator tutorial ,....how to land ,...how to taxi etc... to make things less boring ...

Also I want to insist on the idea that this simulator is perfect for touch panel laptops 13 inch panel and 14inch such as , Lenovo Yoga , Lenovo Flex, you don't need high end graphic card , way faster and easer to use than Microsoft flight sim which is 3d.

Also I want to introduce and old idea of [Dragon lair 's laser 80's game] , where you see a video played by a laser disc and you have follow arrows at a certain time to complete your mission ,....basically you do the same in my sim,...I don't know if it is a good idea or not?

thanks

video link:

http://youtu.be/26OBQ75wkCs

For this message sherif has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: Hi , I need a review of my Opus animation work...
PostPosted: June 27th, 2014, 12:30 am 

Opus: Opus Pro Latest version 9.02 Build 16458
System: Asus laptop Intel Core i5 8 gig ram, big monitor, reading glasses
Hi Sherif

I watched your video. Impressive I must say, especially the production of the video and music cut in and out.

Having said that, I'm a lot older than your youthful target market and I'm not into flight sims so my comments are general in nature.

I was a little puzzled from a sales point of view about what the video was trying to achieve. I guess people why buy flight simulator software want to learn to fly, without all the expense of really learning to fly, so a simulator is the next best thing.

Looking at the video, I would imagine that you are a pilot. Given that, I would think that another way to market your software would be to use something to capture screen shots of your software as you talk your way through say a takeoff procedure. That way, the viewer can hear your voice and see how your software works in an interactive way.

Additionally, there are lots of buttons, and technical codes, that are easily understood by pilots and aviation enthusiasts. These things would be bewildering to people who might be interested in buying your software, so perhaps some kind of voiceover video explaining buttons and terms might also attract people who are interested in simulator software.

All in all, I can see there has been a huge amount of work in what has been achieved thus far. I would imagine your effort and expertise has been on the software development side. You could think about finding and hiring marketing expertise package and sell your product to its target market. Marketing is completely different to software development and completely different again to flying. Each of these requires years of study, training and experience and I feel that appropriate marketing expertise might be just what you need to get your product out there.

That's my ten cents worth.

Sincere congratulations to you for achieving what you have achieved and for your creativity and passion

Graham

For this message Graham Baglin has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: September 18th, 2014, 4:16 pm 

Opus: Opus Pro 9.75
System: `HP
Great work. Looks good and sounds great.

For this message Ad Mulders has been thanked by : mackavi

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: October 12th, 2014, 10:23 am 

Hi, thanks I will do that,....your point was clear and made sense

When I was I kid I was obsessed with a laser game called Dragon's lair,....
The knight has to fight the dragon to save the princess !!!
hours and hours in front of that machine.....I was in my fantasy world !
I read a lot about how It works with the computer changing those laser discs for the next gaming scene, but I had only a Commodore 64 with no programming knowledge

With Opus you can do the same interactive games like Dragon's lair, maybe better with these new touch screen laptops....but anything to look great requires a lot of hard work and a team ....it is not an easy road !!! and it takes....time...time...time... !

:?

For this message sherif has been thanked by : mackavi