Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently October 9th, 2024, 8:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Pre show trigger
PostPosted: May 13th, 2010, 5:21 pm 

Opus: 7
System: MacBook Pro with Parralels and bootcamp running the windows version
Hello Guys (and several girls maybe...)

I try to find out how a pre show trigger works. Looked at the Help topics, but still no success.
Let's try to tell what i made:
I give the user the opportunity to create his or her own interface. After they are satisfied they can save
the settings in a .txt file.
So far no problem at all. When they choose one of the stored settings, you see the objects on the screen
going from the original point to the saved place, even hen i set the time to 0 in the script.
It looks a lot more professional if the objects are in place when the page shows up.
In my point of view i need a pre show trigger before an on-show trigger. I did a lot of tests but still no success.
Any suggestions or a simple example would be very helpfull.

Kind Regards,

Linda

For this message danklof has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: Pre show trigger
PostPosted: May 13th, 2010, 10:31 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: OpusPro v9.0x, & Evol.
System: Core 2 duo 2Ghz, RAM 3GB, Nvidia Go 7700 - laptop
Here are a few suggestions. Try these, apply these individually.

First, at the end of the actions you have under your Pre-show trigger, add another Action --- Delay 0.2 seconds. (you can try shorter or longer)

Second, you do not say what your Pre-show trigger is attached to. Basically, test that Pre-show by attaching to the Page itself. (you can Cut&Paste that trigger+actions later to some other object)

Quote:
In my point of view i need a pre show trigger before an on-show trigger.
Well 'yes' and 'no'. You can have a Pre-show trigger and set of actions without having an On-show trig/action. It depends on your intentions and your design specifics.

If you need a 'work around' idea, make the first page in your Pub be a splash-screen page -- for example page with just an image. If you do this, a couple pointers:
1. you can have this Page in its own separate Chapter, and that Chapter can be set to load in its own window and have a small Page size.
2. simply use a Page OnShow trigger and attach your actions to read-in user settings -- to Publication variables.
3. set that splash Page's Properties >>> General to "show page for" 1 or 2 seconds, and also set which Page you want to Open next automatically.

For this message Lar_123 has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: May 14th, 2010, 1:56 am 
Godlike
Godlike

I had another idea.
Create a New Page and add your actions for loading User settings to an On-Show for that page.

Then make that page a Master Page....
Set your content pages to use that MP.

You may still want to add the Delay of 0.03 or some small delay to allow the file read.

Let us know what works for you.

PostPosted: May 14th, 2010, 6:51 pm 

Opus: 7
System: MacBook Pro with Parralels and bootcamp running the windows version
Well Lar, i am a Opus user since a few month and this is maybe a bit to high for me i think.
Maybe you have an example imp that could help me further. :oops:

Kind Regards,

Linda

For this message danklof has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: May 19th, 2010, 9:35 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Linda,

I am not 'proficient' with Opus standard triggers and actions -- well, 'yes' I do know how to use them and could do so, but I am too slow at it. So I do much better at OpusScript (or at least I tell myself I am better off going that route).

Here is a sample pub that might help you understand the structure part of this. NOTE: I am not saying this will be of any use for your 'settings' or the triggering -- this sample does other things. What you will get out of it is this: setting up a separate Chapter... which has smaller 'page size'... and which can be closed separately from another active Page (these are called 'Views' BTW -- and in Standard Actions will be found under the list as 'Windows').
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3045

Here's a suggestion how you might adapt this for what I called 'the workaround' in previous Post:
1. that Chapter with the 'pop-up dialogue' as I call it here --- should be made the 1st chapter (Top of Organizer except perhaps for Master Pages)
2. you do not need all the buttons and other objects --- you would simply make that first Page an image/splash page.
-- see attached screenshot of Opus Page Properties dialogue --- show the Splash and automatically go to another Page. (must be logged in to see attached)
-- use the OnShow trigger as I outlined in prior post, and proceed to read and load your settings.

I trust that helps. And I hope that works for you -- it should handle it and be relatively simple for you.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.