Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently October 7th, 2024, 1:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hypertext Styles For Listbox
PostPosted: July 31st, 2010, 5:54 pm 

Hi,
I'm using version 7. What happened to custom hypertext styles? Is it not available for Flash pubs? If it's not, why not? If it is available for Flash pubs, can anyone tell me how to access it?
Thanks,
Mike

For this message mbain has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: Hypertext Styles For Listbox
PostPosted: July 31st, 2010, 6:40 pm 

I tested out a standalone pub, and there's the entire listbox feature set. Listbox for Flash doesn't have hypertext styles. DW really should make objects, actions, and properties context sensitive - in other words, if it won't work in the type of pub you are working in, it shouldn't even be available for choosing.

PostPosted: July 31st, 2010, 8:02 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: OpusPro v9.0x, & Evol.
System: Core 2 duo 2Ghz, RAM 3GB, Nvidia Go 7700 - laptop
Mike,

Quote:
if not, why not?
DW did incorporate filtering or exclusion of actions for the different Pub types. You can see this in several areas... compare the Categories of standard Actions available for Flex vs. Full.

I think the filtering/exclusions probably work their best when starting from nothing -- creating a new Flex Pub type from the start.

Specifically for the Listbox, some observations:
-- When I start 'fresh' (New Pub is Flex type), I can create a "Listbox object" on a Page, but right-away in Properties notice that it does not have all of the usual Tabs, eg. 'Listbox' tab.
- that Listbox does not show-up on the Page after Published to Flash Player v9 target
- maybe Listbox is 'allowed' because it would work for some other Flash version ??? I don't know.
-- When I created Pub Pages originally as 'Full Opus' type and either convert the Pub to Flex or copy Pages into a New Flex Pub... 1) the 'full type' Page's Listbox works perfectly in Preview mode, but Listbox does not show in the Published pub. 2) that same Listbox also 'loses' several of the Properties Tabs (now in the Flex pub).
-- Here are some errors reported for Flex type Published to Flash-9 (Pages were created as 'Full' and Copied-in)
Quote:
Warning: List box object not supported
Warning: Warning: OpusScript function 'IsMousePressed' not supported in Flex
Warning: Warning: OpusScript function 'RGB' not supported in Flex
Warning: Warning: OpusScript function 'SetListBoxSelection' not supported in Flex
Warning: Warning: OpusScript function 'wait' not supported in Flex

Hope this helps.

For this message Lar_123 has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: August 1st, 2010, 4:52 am 

Lar_123 wrote:
Mike,

Quote:
if not, why not?
DW did incorporate filtering or exclusion of actions for the different Pub types. You can see this in several areas... compare the Categories of standard Actions available for Flex vs. Full.

I think the filtering/exclusions probably work their best when starting from nothing -- creating a new Flex Pub type from the start.

Specifically for the Listbox, some observations:
-- When I start 'fresh' (New Pub is Flex type), I can create a "Listbox object" on a Page, but right-away in Properties notice that it does not have all of the usual Tabs, eg. 'Listbox' tab.
- that Listbox does not show-up on the Page after Published to Flash Player v9 target
- maybe Listbox is 'allowed' because it would work for some other Flash version ??? I don't know.
-- When I created Pub Pages originally as 'Full Opus' type and either convert the Pub to Flex or copy Pages into a New Flex Pub... 1) the 'full type' Page's Listbox works perfectly in Preview mode, but Listbox does not show in the Published pub. 2) that same Listbox also 'loses' several of the Properties Tabs (now in the Flex pub).
-- Here are some errors reported for Flex type Published to Flash-9 (Pages were created as 'Full' and Copied-in)
Quote:
Warning: List box object not supported
Warning: Warning: OpusScript function 'IsMousePressed' not supported in Flex
Warning: Warning: OpusScript function 'RGB' not supported in Flex
Warning: Warning: OpusScript function 'SetListBoxSelection' not supported in Flex
Warning: Warning: OpusScript function 'wait' not supported in Flex

Hope this helps.

Hi, thanks for the help. Judging by those erros, and the limitations (no hypertext styles, etc), I wonder why they enable Listbox at all for flash pubs? I'm sure there must be a way to disable "insert listbox" for Flash pubs.
Mike