Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently October 4th, 2024, 2:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: SEARCH
PostPosted: December 29th, 2010, 12:07 pm 

Opus: Presenter Pro
System: Intel Celeron M, 1.5GHz, 1Gb RAM
I am new to Opus and i use V6 presenter pro. I have created a church database software with many tables, i want to create a search to querry the database and not just a particular table. how do i find my way around this problem? :?

Post subject: Re: SEARCH
PostPosted: December 29th, 2010, 2:41 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
Searching a database requires the construction of an SQL string that specifies the database, the table and the field that will hold the queried parameter.

In order to do this on an entire DB, you'd need to construct either a very long piece of SQL if you know all the field names or depending on the DB return the column names from the schema using something like this in mySQL:

Code:
select table_name, column_name, data_type from information_schema.columns where TABLE_SCHEMA = "name of database"

This could then be used to create a loop that would substitute the column names from the returned values above and run the query against each.

I'd be inclined to post / continue this topic in the advanced section (which is for databases) as I don't think there is some quick and easy solution to your question. You might also post a fuller description as to your aim as it's not that often an entire DB would need to be queried - else they'd have built in commands for it.

Mack

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website