Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently September 30th, 2024, 3:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Include Video in SWF
PostPosted: September 20th, 2011, 4:26 pm 

Opus: Opus Pro 8.0
System: Acer Intel Core 2 Quad, 2.4GHz, 3 MB RAM
Hi again All, I have a couple of questions if anyone can help:

1. I have compiled a Opus Flex pub into SWP but it does not show a video which is included in the publication. By the look of the file size it's not embedded into the .swf and even if I copy it into the compiled folder it still does not play. Am I missing something to include the video so it plays in the .swf?

2. Obviously I don't want my clients knowing what I create applications in but I have a client interested in playing from the web. My delimer being that if I let them know about Opus Flex and the install.exe they will be able to put two and two together. Is there a way to add the Flex .OCX and any other files needed without using the Install.exe. Basically is there a .inf to right click available to add the necessary files for the web.

Many thanks if anyone can give a solution.

Regards
Anthony

For this message ajhunt has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: Include Video in SWF
PostPosted: September 20th, 2011, 5:59 pm 

With regards to #1 you may need to convert your video first. I ran a quick test and published a Flex page with a .FLV file in it. It published externally from the .SWF file and runs fine. You also may need to make sure you have your Flash verison set in the publication to a level where video support in included.

For this message bwpatric has been thanked by : mackavi

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: September 20th, 2011, 11:38 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
Patric's right with part 1. A flex publication will copy the video into the published folder.

Part two doesn't make sense. Have you used Opus' distribution wizard? This is a standard SWF file. You just need the .swf, the .html and the video file that Opus publishes and upload these to the website.

Mack

Oh, and as this section is for non product specific related posts, you should really post to the Opus Pro section instead.

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: September 21st, 2011, 9:47 am 

Opus: Opus Pro 8.0
System: Acer Intel Core 2 Quad, 2.4GHz, 3 MB RAM
Hi mackavi , maybe I did not explain properly. It's not the actual compiled publication or files I'm wanting to hide from a client. It's the installation of the Opus Flex plugin so they don't go through the installation.exe and see that the Plexus plugin is from Digital Workshops. Maybe a way is to copy all the files from Programs/Common Files/Digital Workshop/IO Opus Player and make a seperate installation for these and register in the windows registry. I'm just trying to find a way to install the Opus Player without them seeing that it is from DW. Hope that makes better sense. Apologies for using the incorrect section. Regards Anthony

For this message ajhunt has been thanked by : mackavi