Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently September 29th, 2024, 1:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ordering Objects
PostPosted: October 14th, 2011, 2:39 pm 

Opus: 7.05
System: P4 3.2GHz 1GB RAM 2-TB HDs + 4 more
I'm updating a project for a client. The Main Menu has new items which have replaced old ones. Each section on the Main Menu is in its own Chapter. Everything was fine until I moved the Chapters in the Organizer. Things look fine, but when I Preview, Image Objects which should be on the bottom now cover all other Objects.

In the Organizer, all the Objects are now duplicated (see attached image). When I select either Object, they BOTH are highlighted, so I can't DELETE one without losing its duplicate.

Things look fine in Edit mode.

There are eight of 25 Chapters which have been affected.

Ideas?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message demofred has been thanked by : mackavi

Profile Visit website  

Post subject: Re: Ordering Objects
PostPosted: October 14th, 2011, 3:12 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: OpusPro v9.0x, & Evol.
System: Core 2 duo 2Ghz, RAM 3GB, Nvidia Go 7700 - laptop
Quote:
he Organizer now shows TWO versions of the offending Image Objects.
Fred, I (and others) have experienced something like that before. I cannot exactly remember the scenario that caused it, but I think it was related to my migration from one PC (WinXP) to another/newer one (Vista).

The behavior was not quite the same... I could delete ONE of the pair of objects. Actually I think there was only a single object on the Page, but two labels in the organizer. But even after deleting ONE, something was amiss with the Pub or the Page. I think my solution was to go back to the original machine, get a zipped backup -- and bring that zip package over and work from it. (again, that was related to migration issues and folder/OS differences).

Assuming that is NOT your scenario, one thing you can try is to start over with a copy of the original .imp and resources. Open it in Opus. Create a new Publication, then Rt-Click drag copies of Chapter, Pages ---- "Copy Into" the new Pub. You can probably select several pages at a time to expedite the process.

Quote:
Things look fine, but when I Preview, Image Objects which should be on the bottom now cover all other Objects.
I suspect the whole ordering issue is a side-effect of the problem above, or maybe is a symptom of corruption of an Opus Page.

I have had more success, and fewer problems, using "Insert Into" and "Copy Into" -- and somewhat avoiding 'moves' across Pages. (I should add... that I do that partly because of the way Opus handles naming and name changes for duplicates -- which then confounds my scripting)

For this message Lar_123 has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Time Consuming FIX
PostPosted: October 14th, 2011, 3:35 pm 

Opus: 7.05
System: P4 3.2GHz 1GB RAM 2-TB HDs + 4 more
Larry --

Thanks for your ideas. Yes, your situation is very similar to mine. Here's what I have done to make each Page work: I did NOT use the Organizer. I selected the main Image Object and deleted it (using X at top of screen or Right Mouse click menu DELETE). I then tried to highlight the "ghost" Image Object which remained. It would NOT have Highlight Handles like a normally selected/highlighted Object, but I just did a Right Mouse click, then went to Ordering -> Move to Back. The Image Object then suddenly had Highlight Handles.

In Preview it now works. In Edit, in the Organizer, there are still duplicates of the other Objects, but NOT of the Image Object which I deleted. I had eight corrupted Chapters with a total of 50 Pages I had to manually "fix." What a PAIN :oops: I will NOT be moving Chapters in OPUS in the future.

For this message demofred has been thanked by : mackavi

Profile Visit website