Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently September 28th, 2024, 5:22 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Printing blank page - help!
PostPosted: February 7th, 2012, 12:44 pm 

Opus: Professional 7.03
Hi,

We have designed a product using Opus v7 which allows the user to print reports (which are actually A4 sized pages) and the page itself, both using 'print page' actions. This product is sold into schools, and a few schools now have contacted us saying that when they try to print from the program, it just prints out a blank page. As is always the way, we've tried it here ourselves on networked and non-networked printers and it prints out fine.

I have tried to contact DW about this but they do not seem to be answering their phones at the moment, but I thought someone on here might know why this could be happening. One of the schools describes the issue like this:

'Both options (Print overview report\Print page) do produce a blank page. The only time we can get anything is going to 'Diagnostic report' then 'Print screen'.

The PC is running 32 bit Windows 7 Enterprise.

The printer is an HP Laserjet P1005 but I have also tried printing to a network printer which is a Kyocera and get the same result.'

I hope someone here can help because I really am stuck!

For this message JammyJayUK has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: Printing blank page - help!
PostPosted: February 7th, 2012, 4:15 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
Never known it happen but...

You'll need to find the common denominator and remember that these are school networks which do not work like home / business models.

If you are sure that some schools are printing, and other schools are failing to print in the same circumstances, then you need to find what connects the schools that fail. As we don't know your software it impossible to say whether the design of the application might contribute to the problem.

Mack

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website