Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently October 2nd, 2024, 11:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Synchronise to End
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2005, 9:41 pm 

Hi...I'm new to this malarky and I'm having a little trouble linking pages with video to each other. I have seven pages in my project - each with a separate video asset and background / text ingrediants. There is a video blob slider and a volume control adapted from samples included on the CD linked to the video.

When the video finishes on a particular page I want to automatically GoTo another page in the sequence, where the autostart function sets off the next video. Trouble is - at page level - Synchronise to End/Goto/"nextpage" does not do this. Am I missing something fundemental? All that happens is, in preview, the transition to the current page starts and then it jumps immediately to the next page without showing the current video. It's as if it'd doing a Synchronise to Start not to End.

I have the synchronise to start checkbox deselected so I dont think that's the problem (I've been reading the forum pages!) However, I'm flumuxed

any help appreciated

andy

For this message andy has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2005, 3:54 am 

Hello Andy

It sounds like you have some actions incorrectly set up. If you have a pause/stop action on the video, make sure you untick the "Synchronise-to-End" trigger box. Otherwise every time the video pauses, it will instruct Opus that the video has ended.

See attached IMP that demonstrates the "Synchronise-to-End" working. When the video has completed it will go to Page 2. The video on Page 2 will auto-start and when it has ended it will go back to Page 1. Since the video is set to "auto-play" I have put the "Synchronise-to-End" actions on the video object. (you will have to supply your own video as no resources attached).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message Steve H has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2005, 12:02 pm 

Hi,

I have been working with Andy via e-mail to resolve this problem.

The example video publications which come supplied with Opus Pro 04 and Opus Pro XE 04 use script functions to determine the current position of the video and move an on-screen blob to the correct position on the scrub bar. This blob can also be dragged by the user to seek through the video.

When the page is displayed, the script object momentarily plays the video to determine its total length, then issues a Video.Stop() action. It is this Stop action which is causing any Synchronise to End triggers on the page to respond prematurely.

As the script functions know the total length (stored in a variable named vidSecs) and current position of the video (stored in a variable named vidPosSecs), it is relatively easy to add some If statements to the existing functions to detemine when the end of the video has been reached. For example:

Code:
if (vidPosSecs >= vidSecs) {
GoToPage("target page")
}

Another non-script solution is to place a small frame at the end of the video scrub bar which detects collision with the 'blob'. If collision is detected, the end of the video has been reached and the required Go To Page action can take place.

Kind regards,

For this message Robin Garrett has been thanked by : mackavi

Profile Visit website  

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 3rd, 2005, 3:21 pm 

Thanks for that. I've tried some scripting sent by Robin but it didn't seem to do the trick. The use of a dummy collision frame has worked however so I'm sorted for the moment.

For this message andy has been thanked by : mackavi