Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently October 6th, 2024, 11:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Multi Answers
PostPosted: March 26th, 2013, 4:31 pm 

Opus: Opus Pro v8.10
Hi guys,

I'm confronting with one problem for several time. Always that I try to make one question with many answers, I mean more than 9/10 I have problems to validate the last answers -scores- Why? I've tried with different type of questions, specially with Multiple Response or Drag & Drop. I put the answers in the properties of the question, and I assign the answers with the Button Down, Up etc. If I put until 7 8 answers is ok, more than that doesn't work! I don't understand why because I use the same process for the following answers.

There is a bug or may I'm doing something wrong? There exists some technique, like put first the answers on the question and just then create the frames > checkboxes ... ?

I've tried in a lot of different ways to solve it or put it working well, but without success.

Hope that you understood,
Thanks.

For this message pnrf has been thanked by : mackavi

Post subject: Re: Multi Answers
PostPosted: March 26th, 2013, 8:47 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
Probably best to add a profile (top right - user control panel) and add your Opus version and other helpful details.

Then I'd post an example of the of publication not working.

Regards,

Mack

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: March 27th, 2013, 11:45 am 

I did it.

Anyway I've found a kind of solution, at least seems works well.

Now I just have problems with an exercise of Drag & Drop Multiple. I have 14 images to drag and drop in the correct zone-frame. The last 3 do not work, I don't know why. It is a problem have 14 answers in the Question? I think that I need to separate them, because each image has a different place to be dropped.

What you think? I can be more specific if you don't understand.

Pedro.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2013, 1:07 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: OpusPro v9.0x, & Evol.
System: Core 2 duo 2Ghz, RAM 3GB, Nvidia Go 7700 - laptop
mackavi wrote:
Then I'd post an example of the of publication not working.
Pedro,
If you can share your Opus pub here, the .imp file, some of the more experienced Opus developers may be able to spot how or where the problems are occurring. It is difficult to know if you have used standard triggers and actions only, or if you have added-in some scripting. If the Pub content is sensitive, perhaps you could build a mock-up Page/Pub leaving out private data.

That said, here are two things I would have you check.
1. take a look at the Opus Organizer Tree in the left pane of the workspace/Editor. Make sure that no two objects have the same name. (generally, all objects (except polygons) need to have unique names). Also, do not give a Variable and an Object the same name.

2. if you are working with Standard Triggers and Standard Actions, make sure you have selected (via checkbox in the Action's dialog / set-up) the proper Frame object or Image object you need moved, dropped, acted-upon. With the Action selected on the left, you may be presented options and selections for set-up on the right. See attached example screenshot.

Of course, you need to configure all of the Drop Zones by setting the object's (Frame's) Properties for Drag & Drop.

[Lar EDIT]: Make sure your images are sized small enough to fit in the dropzone Frame. Let me add: Writing "The last 3 do not work" is somewhat vague. Not work... How?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For this message Lar_123 has been thanked by : mackavi

PostPosted: March 27th, 2013, 1:47 pm 

I want help in other stuff.
Sorry but I'm a beginner in Opus, so I need to improve my the script language on it.

As already discussed in other topic but without answers, I want to make a exercise with Drag & Drop swapping the answers. For example, make correspondence between two columns.

I will put some code that I have until now -and sorry if is something wrong on the syntax-

Code:
// Mouse Down -
var ans = Answer1.GetPosition();
var PosX=ans.x;
var PosY=ans.y;

We need the X and Y position in this case?

Code:
// Mouse Click - something to intersect and swap answers.
var test = Answer1.IsObjectIntersecting(Answer2);

var temp=ans;
ans=ans2;
ans2=temp;

I need to put also SetPosition after the swap? And which X and Y I pass to the arguments.

With one array for example, how can I determine which position is being intersected and changed?

Waiting for helps,
Thanks.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2013, 1:59 pm 

Yes I configure the DropZone for every frame.

Quote:
Make sure your images are sized small enough to fit in the dropzone Frame. Let me add: Writing "The last 3 do not work" is somewhat vague. Not work... How?

I have the same frame for all, I mean with the same properties and actions. Every dropzone accept just one answer, image in my case. So is strange why don't work in all frames in the same way. But happens to me always that I try to put more than 11 answers. Bug?

I can put my .imp file if you want to understand better.

Pedro.