Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently October 22nd, 2024, 11:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Opus Pro crashes when trying to open a publication
PostPosted: December 11th, 2015, 11:00 am 

Opus: Opus Pro 9
After a long time without any Opus jobs I habe the oppurtunity to create some HTML5 stuff with Opus which always was a kind of favorite tool of mine.
The last time I used Opus was with version 7. So I downloaded the evaluation version of 9.6 to see if I can achieve what I want with it.

Unfortunately I run into some problems. Everytime I try to open a publication (e. g. the HTML5 samples or my own publications) Opus Pro crashes without any error message.

I have already reinstalled the evaluation version but without success.
What is odd is that I even cannot uninstall the program because "no installation log" was found.

I run Opus Pro on a Win 10 / 64 desktop machine. I have installed the program on my drive D:\

Is there any known solution for this kind of problem?

And - since I am not aware what is happening in the Opus world - will there be a version 10 of Opus Pro in the near future?

Thanks for your help :-)

For this message Tarantoga has been thanked by : mackavi

Profile Visit website  

Post subject: Re: Opus Pro crashes when trying to open a publication
PostPosted: December 13th, 2015, 1:05 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
Unless it's related to the W10 graphics issue in other posts, then it's not a known problem.

You need to ensure that the install is clean and does work correctly so:

A. make sure every trace of Opus has been removed from the disk and registry.

B. download the Opus trial again in case the last version was corrupt. I've got MD5 = F1D5E7DD6E1E871D7F85C7D992E5C026 checksum

C. make sure any AV / other software isn't affecting the install.

D. install and run as administrator.

E. Try installing under a clean user account.

I know that in some previous versions opening older files did causes problems, but you definitely should be able to open files created in 9.6.

Why drive D? Is this an upgrade or clean install of W10. Upgrading did break some of my software that runs perfectly under a clean install.

Are the files local or networked? A slow network connection can cause problems.

</mack>

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: December 14th, 2015, 10:27 am 

I have the suspicion that this problem is related to the graphic card issues mentioned in other posts.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti in this machine which had never caused a problem before.
I have now installed the latest driver update and the latest Win 10 patch but the problem with Opus Pro is still there.

I noticed a strange error message on the demo download page: http://www.digitalworkshop.com/download ... rial.shtml

Beneath each article on this page I see the following error message:

"Failed to execute CGI : Win32 Error Code = 50"

I have never seen such a message before on any other web site, so I think this has something to do with Opus.

Apart from the executable problem it would be interesting to know if this is an error which is caused by something Opus uses for the exported publications.
If that's the case it would be difficult to know, if the Opus HTML5-output will cause similar problems on some (or many) users machines.

I would be happy if DW could find a solution for this problem.

I am willing to upgrade and be available at all times for beta testing bug fixes or the like.

Thanks for your help :-)

Profile Visit website  

PostPosted: December 14th, 2015, 8:54 pm 

Hi I think I have solved the problem :-)

At first I have installed Opus Creator to see if the same problem occurs here.
What I found was that Opus Creator runs without problems.

So I uninstalled both, Creator and Pro and then scanned the registry for all appearances of opus, digital workshop, plexus, illuminatus and so on.
I must say I found a ton of them.
After removing each single item manually I reinstalled Opus Pro and now it works :D

Thanks again for your help. I will use the evening to try out what Opus Pro can do for me in the HTML 5 case.

Profile Visit website