Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently October 23rd, 2024, 2:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Error message and video no longer working in Opus with Win10
PostPosted: March 4th, 2016, 5:11 pm 

I recently upgraded to win10 on my laptop (i7-3630QM 2.4GHz, x8, NVIDIA GTX660M, Intal HD Graphics 4000, Scandisk SD5SF2128G1014E, Hitachi HTS727575A9E364).

I use video in Opus and this has stopped working (I have tired AVI and WMV).

I have a very important meeting tomorrow (Sat)to use the presentation and have prepared a long presentation that is now useless, so pretty desperate. Help Please.

When I first installed Win10 all seemed well, I am now getting a succession of errors. the latest one says:

Exception EOSError in module tuning wizard.hpl @0001D8A6 The RPC server is unavailable. Not sure whether this is relevant or not!

I also get the error message:

Explorer.EXE This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action, Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.

Everything all seemed OK when I first installed Win 10 about six weeks ago but now it seems to be falling to pieces.

I forgot to mention that the laptop cannot not now access any wifi networks - not an Opus issue.

For this message Riftvalley has been thanked by : mackavi

Profile Visit website  

Post subject: Re: Error message and video no longer working in Opus with W
PostPosted: March 4th, 2016, 6:02 pm 
Godlike
Godlike

Opus: Evolution
It sounds like your computer is a having a range of problems that need to be solved first...but just some ideas...

You could try installing a codec like QuckTime to see Opus will work with MP4 files.

You could also publish the project as an executable and run it from a working computer.

Also with a laptop of that specification, you could set-up VirtualBox, download a 90 day demo of Windows 7 and run Opus virtually.

Also does Windows not include a roll-back facility to return it to a previous working state.

</mack>

Interactive Solutions for Business & Education
Learn Anywhere. Learn Anytime.

www.interaktiv.co.uk
+44 (0) 1395 548057

Profile Visit website  

Post subject: Re: Error message and video no longer working in Opus with W
PostPosted: March 5th, 2016, 11:45 am 

A huge thank you Mackavi,

I have solved most of my problems. Probably a sledgehammer approach but I completely refreshed Windows 10. Unfortunately because the update and security button did not work I had to go directly to the reset page. As what I did worked well and my computer now seems more sprightly than even when new I will describe each step.

I accessed the trouble shoot button via Windows key > Power -> then hold shift and click restart -> refresh PC. I actually chose to refresh my laptop with the option that removes all non-windows apps.

The machine then restored itself. I reinstalled Opus 9.75 and noticed that Win10 was now fully functional (I should note that I think the main problem was that my SSD needed clearing - the reason for this was that for convenience I had saved my presentation, which had a lot of video, to the desktop. So as part of this exercise I cleared out a lot of material from the SSD).

However, I still had issues with video in Opus (the videos would start ok but then would 'hang' after around 30secs), to overcome this I took another sledgehammer route and installed the Cole2K Advanced Codec pack, now everything AVI, MP4 and WMV play smoothly and without a hiccup.

I have looked at several sources to see if the Cole2K codec packs have any issues and it seems that if you get the pack directly from the cole2k site there are no issues see http://codec-pack-advanced.en.lo4d.com/ ... ware-tests (am I allowed to put links in these pages?) and also MajorGeeks and all the sites report the codec pack free of malware, ads, etc. etc.

So now I have a fully working laptop, albeit I need to reinstall my main programs (which will all now be the latest release), but that is a small price for such a smooth running machine (you could choose the refresh option that retains the software). I will wait until after this evening before I add anything else to my machine.

I have let the presentation run several times and it runs absolutely smoothly so very pleased.

Now looking forward to using the presentation this evening - fingers crossed!

M

For this message Riftvalley has been thanked by : mackavi

Profile Visit website