Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently October 1st, 2024, 5:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Opus Pro 04 and newer chipsets
PostPosted: August 26th, 2005, 10:10 am 

Opus: Opus Pro 7.5
System: MacBook Pro, 3 GBytes RAM, Core2Duo T8300@2.4 GHz,
Dear sir,

I developed an mp3 player application with Opus Pro 04 some months ago.

This application has been working in Win2k and WinXP environments with no problem.

I received feedback from a technical guy who is trying to set up the program and did extensive testing:

With the newer PCs (2,4 GHz and above) the software will not behave properly, it opens the initial window and stays there without showing all the icons / buttons. The user cannot do anything with it. Older PCs will run the software ok. (OS does not matter, have tried with 98, 2k and XP).

This guy suspects that it has to do with newer PCs and chipsets (e.g. 845) and without knowing how I developed the program he suggested that I contact the "compiler company" to give me a newer version that would output appropriate code for the newer chipsets.

Personally, I thought that the code that Opus outputs has nothing to do with chipsets, and only has to do with the Operating System and the hardware below should not matter.

But I was puzzled :shock: by this guy, and I would like your answer on this. I am using Opus Pro 04 V4.5 which I believe is the latest.

The bottom-line question is:

If I upgrade to Opus Pro 05 or any other version, will it solve my problem? :lol:

Many thanks

Dennis Zervas

Profile Visit website  

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 26th, 2005, 10:40 am 

Dennis,

This sounds to me like a hardware driver problem. I would be very surprised if the chipset was to blame.

Does the customer have the latest drivers installed for their graphics card and sound card? It is wise to ask for the version of divers they are running and check on the card manufactures website to see if they are infect the latest drivers - you would not believe the number of users who think or say they are running the latest driver and are actually running several year old drivers.

Hope this help

Brenden Knifton

Profile Visit website