Digital Workshop

Welcome to the Digital Workshop Message Boards
It is currently October 14th, 2024, 7:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Text to speech
PostPosted: June 12th, 2006, 5:18 pm 

Opus: 9.75
System: Asus i7-7700K 16Gb
I am using the 'launch file' action to start the Command version of TextAloud. the full command is :-TACommand /text="Hello. This is a test" /voice=Mike. I have "TACommand.exe" in the 'launch this file' box and "/text="Hello. This is a test" /voice=Mike" in the option/parameters box. This works fine. However, what I now want to do is replace the "Hello, This is a test" with a variable, so I can get it to speak whatever is in the variable, I just can't get it working. I've tried doing everything making the whole parameter a variable /<the variable>, but no luck. I've tried inserting the variable in the parameter string, still not work??? Has anyone tried this?

If it works, it adds Text to speech to Opus similar to using the TextAloud program, but without the front end. The big downside is the cost of the command version!!

Post subject: OPUS Variables
PostPosted: June 12th, 2006, 10:46 pm 

Opus: 7.05
System: P4 3.2GHz 1GB RAM 2-TB HDs + 4 more
Have you created your variable first in OPUS? One way is to go to Edit -> Pub Properties -> Variables and click ADD.

I'd suggest your variable name be a single word. If you need two or more words, use the under score (e.g. My_Variable). Once you've got a valid variable, you should be able to insert it, but you'll need to have "less than" and "greater than" symbols in front and behind (e.g. <My_Variable>).

Let us know how this works.

Profile Visit website  

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2006, 5:33 pm 

Opus: 9.75
System: Asus i7-7700K 16Gb
I got it going!! as you suggested, I used <ToSay> as the variable. In the script, I had to escape the quotes in the variable.........ToSay="\""+ToSay+"\"";

TextAloud and Opus create a very powerful development tool to create applications for visually impaired people. For example, using the copy variable to clipboard action, creates a talking mouseovers!!